“With my best friend Joanna!!”
Review of Meson de Calahonda

Meson de Calahonda
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Meson De Calahonda is located at the open Shopping Center (El Zoco) in the Urbanización Calahonda. It is decorated in a rustic Spanish Style.Our cuisine is a blend between the traditional Spanish style and a Mediterranean touch.We are a Spanish,Traditional Restaurant with moré that 20 years of experience!! Highly Recommended¡We Would like to invite you to try our mediterránean cuisine!!All our products are fresh and homemade!Lovely Food & Quality Prices.Excelence Wines Selection.
Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

One of the best restaurant in the area.We were delighted by some king prawns in whiskey sauce.They were amazing,service was excellent.
We will be returning very soon

You must try their wine and dine night next week

There are newer reviews for Meson de Calahonda

Reviewed March 12, 2014

This restaurant in El Zoco, Calahonda always appears full of Brits and attracted by the TripAdviser Certificate of Excellence 2013, we decided to give it a try. Worst decision in 3 weeks of eating out each night! Unlike many other restaurants in the area we were not given any tasty bites gratis except for a bowl of strange tasting olives. No bread was offered. I ordered the moules for a starter. They were served piping hot but rather unusually they came attached only to one shell-the other obviously prepared and discarded! The sauce was strong on tomato flavour and nothing else. For mains, my wife ordered lasagne which was again served very hot but exceedingly stodgy! The bolognese sauce was tasteless with an unusually smooth consistency. It appeared to have been pre-baked and then warmed up in the microwave. My choice for main course was chef's spaghetti which was described by the waiter as a spaghetti marinara, which I ordered with plenty of garlic and chilli. This was a huge disappointment. The seafood was I am sure, a selection out of a frozen packet of seafood and whilst there was a good kick of chilli, I could not identify any garlic-but worse, the spaghetti was swimming in a very similar tomato "soup" that had spoilt the earlier moules!!
By this time I could not take any more but my wife wanted a dessert. She chose a creme caramel which to be fair was served with some fresh fruit, which she enjoyed. Pity there were several dollops of artificial cream out of a can!!
On the basis of this meal, this restaurant DOES NOT deserve a Certificate of Excellence as there are several other restaurants in the immediate area that are far,far superior.
Just to repeat, this was the worst meal endured from eating out every night for the last 3 weeks.
These comments were not discussed with the management as we were not asked if we had enjoyed the meal! If we had been asked I would have told them! We did not threaten a bad TripAdviser review if we did not get a discount as I prefer to pay the price and tell it like it is!!

1  Thank bigcheeseofwrittle
Reviewed March 11, 2014

As we live in Calahonda, Meson de Calahonda is always our top choice to take visitors. Food and choice is excellent and staff friendly and attentive, prices not expensive but reflect excellent restaurant food.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

What more could you ask of a restaurant. We have just spent 8 weeks in the area and frequented only 2 restaurants. Both very different. The food at Meson de Calahonda was never anything but excellent. The service was faultless even tho each time we ate there every table was taken. Wonderful atmosphere. Very Spanish. Clearly they have a regular clientele which is always a good sign. The Wine evening if you are able to reserve a table is a must. It is in our diary for when we return to Cala Honda next January for 8 weeks.

Maggie H
England

Reviewed March 1, 2014

I've been coming to Calahonda for 10 years and La Meson de Calahonda is outstanding.
It is by far the best restaurant in the area with great food and service. You will not be disappointed but booking is essential because too many people have discovered this place.