“My fav place in the city!”
Review of La Latina

La Latina
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Have you ever tried Spanish food, in a Spanish restaurant, with Spanish people, in Spain? Typical Spanish tapas bar... We offer a typical spanish experience.. good food... Paella, tapas, salad, seafood, specials..every day.. family runned
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I wish I knew about this place before! Best food I've ever had in Calahonda and on top of that best Mojito! We had small birthday celebration and absolutely loved the company of our hosts! Super friendly atmosphere makes you feel at home :)

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for a Spanish experience then please, please eat here. We had a selection of paella's from various restaurants on our travels around the region, but La Latina outshone them all! The food, welcome and service were second to none. The owner made us feel like regulars with his easy chatter and excellent sense of humour. La Latina is the place to go without a doubt!!!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We liked it so much that at the end af our 7 days stay, we had been there EVERY evening
Why worry abot a menu. Just say "Miguel what will you (and mum) serve for us to night" and then you just get something spanish and delightful. BUT always star with a Mojito. Miguel made us the best mojito we have ever encountered. Ever.
The last evening we had a special created seafood menu. TOP TOP

YOU MUST GO THERE, BUT DON'T BE IN A HURRY. Things takes time, and good things take longer.

1  Thank Flemming K
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We loved this restaurant so much, we visited twice on our week-long stay in Spain. On our first visit, we ordered the berenjenas (fried eggplant drizzled with cane syrup), vegetarian paella, asparagus tortilla (which was essentially an asparagus omelet), and tortilla de patata (a fat slice of life-changing unctuous caramelized onion/potato/egg taste bud sensory explosion). All were phenomenal. The paella is served in huge portions so it made for fantastic leftovers! The rest of the food didn't survive that long as it got eaten on the spot :P.

Miguel, the son of the owner and the only waiter there, let us meet the beautiful chef who created equally beautiful culinary experiences for us. Her name slips my mind, but she was so gracious as we complimented her about one trillion times. She cooks all of the food at La Latina herself. Crazy. Amazing.

On our second trip, we ordered the seafood paella, more tortilla de patata, goat cheese salad with balsamic glaze and walnuts, pork sausage (I think? I didn't try it but my father rated it one of the best things he's ever eaten), and a few other things I cannot remember. Miguel made me the best mojito I have ever encountered. Ever. Please beware: as delightfully refreshing as they are, they'll sneak up on you! But who cares? It's Spain!

Miguel was so accommodating to all customers in the restaurant and handled all questions is swagger and ease. If you rush him to bring your food out, he will reassure you that all that matters is that you will receive your food. And enjoy it. And that's that. No worries. R e l a x.

He may also offer some complimentary Pacharan, a sweet liqueur made of blueberries, after your dinner. Be sure to plan a good chunk of time to spend here as we never wanted to leave!

Thank you to Miguel, his mother, and the wonderful chef who created two unforgettable dining experiences for our family. The three of them are part of why we can't wait to travel to Spain again!

1  Thank Gamboajudy
Reviewed June 21, 2013

What can I say, even if the food was rubbish, the staff would make you want to go back! Fortunately the food is mouthwateringly wonderful.
We went with 3 children quite late at night so eveyone was a bit on edge and tired. Our waiter couldn't have been nicer and eveyone relaxed immediately.
It's not a big place which is nice, I feel you get better service in smaller places but you may have to book a table in high season.
Would definately recommend this place and if I'm ever back in Mijas would return without a doubt.
Thank you for a fantastic eveningn :)