“Excellent deal for happy hour”
Review of Little India

Little India
Cuisines: Indian, Balti, Eastern European
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Excellent deal for happy hour”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

We have been to this restaurant before on 'The Strip'' at Calahonda but this year they have introduced a Happy Hour meal before 9pm which is excellent value for 12.95 euros. For that you get a starter (we had a plate of onion bhajis and meat samosas) after 2 poppodoms, any curry of your choice with either nan bread or rice so we had one of each and shared the portion, followed by a dessert which was a large serving of banana fritter with raspberry sauce and cream which was delicious. Even when you add drinks it is excellent value and the food is of good quality and the service very good. Well worth a visit for this price.

1 Thank Babsstockport

“Our favorite indian”
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had dinner several occasions at this cosy restaurant in Calahonda it became our favourite place because of the fantastic food and the great service. It was low seaon at the time but the (only) waiter really looked after us and the other costumers. We also had take out a couple of times and we we're never disappointed. The vegetarian dishes was the best we ever had.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Carlos M
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Hot and Cold for the brave and the bold”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Last year my friends and I came here to have a meal;I wanted a meal that would blow my mind, ot didn't - this year it did.

The waiter was very helpful, when we ordered our meals - we had the set menu which was 12:95 euros per person but you can order from the main menu if you want to.

The waiter promised me it would be much hotter this time round - he wasn't joking.

This was our order:

Drinks: One Bottle of Still Water, Two Large Glasses of Coca Cola with Ice

Starters: Meat Samosas with Onion Bharjis

Main Meals: Korma Curry with Pillau Rice
Meat Phall with Pillau Rice (extremely hot and how - Wow)

Next time I have a meal at this restaurant, I will enjoy by eating not by challenging them to make the food hotter than normal because if you do, I know who'll come off second best and it won't be the restaurant.

if you visit that part of Spain, try this restaurant - you won't be disappointed.

For thr two of us, it came to just under 35 euros - which is not that bad for an evening.

1 Thank Gunslinger_46
Mijas, Spain
“Give it a miss”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Been visiting Calahonda since 98. Resto used to be good, but despite the face lift and improved decor, the food is still mediocre at the best. Yesterday my Madras had no bite at all and drowned in sauce. I give it a try every other year just to check again, but my advice is to visit or order a delivery from one of the the other good Indian in the vicinity. Only positive is that it is walkable from where I stay.

1 Thank SoloBella
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good food little india ”
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

Food is very good. Service is excellent :)
We order starters chicken & cheese tikka , sizzling beef. Chicken bhuna, balti mix special (balti rice) , egg fried rice & cheese nan. Everything is very very good. We love Indian food. LITTLE INDIAN FOOD.

1 Thank Daljit S