“Fresh high quality food”
Review of BarBoru Restaurant

BarBoru Restaurant
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A warm welcome for everyone at Barboru - the home of good value quality cooking. Winner of 2013, 2014 & 2015 Certificates of Excellence from Trip Advisor Members. BarBoru serves Dinner, Brunch & Lunch in a clean friendly award winning environment. Free Wifi. Vegetarian options, cooked to order food, so in most cases we can tweek a dish... Owner operated and popular with tourists and locals alike. There are stairs, but enter from the side or rear of the centre to avoid excessive stairs.. Lift being built as I write!!
“Fresh high quality food”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

A lovely place to eat, the food is fresh and delicious. Everything cooked fresh and presented well. Nice friendly staff. One of the only places I know of where you can get afternoon tea and lovely lovely cakes!

• Visited May 2014
Boruie, Owner at BarBoru Restaurant, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you so much... we really appreciate your comments .. and that you like our cakes!

uk
“Return visit - could it be as good as the first?”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Firstly, I must point out that I had researched the reviews on Trip Advisor before our holiday, but decided to ignore the couple of poor reviews... and I am so glad I did!

We were only in Calahonda for a week and we'd already had one super meal at Bar Boru at the beginning of the week. (See 'Best Irish Stew In Spain!' review.)

Anyway, it was going to be my husband's 60th the day before we returned home, so I asked him where he would like to eat that special evening, so I could book a table. "Bar Boru" he replied.

I popped into said restaurant to book the table the day before his birthday, and Brian was graciously delighted that we were returning that same week for a celebratory meal.

Well, we had a great evening. Once again, the food and service provided by Brian and his staff were excellent and, although there was not a dairy free dessert on the menu, his chef produced the most amazing fresh fruit salad - even with a couple of candles!! (Husband had lamb shank as his main, I had the King Prawn Caesar Salad - both absolutely delicious and substantial. I chose banoffee pie - I am salivating now at the memory of it! Even the Guinness is as close to draught as you can get.)

So, in answer to the question... oh yes!

• Visited April 2014
Barboru, Owner at BarBoru Restaurant, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Thank you so much for your very kind words. I remember your special evening and am very , very glad you enjoyed.
maybe some day we will get to put some candles on a birthday dessert for YOU ... But in the meantime take care and once again, Thank you for taking the time.
Málaga, Andalucia, Spain
“Wonderful”
Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

We have been for breakfast many times, but decided to go for evening meal. Just returned from our second evening meal visit and we were not dissappointed. food, service and location all perfect. Love it, looking forward to more visits. Thank you Brian and his wonderful team.

Visited April 2014
Barboru, Owner at BarBoru Restaurant, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write of your experiences in BarBoru.. I'm really pleased we hit the target for you and aim to continue doing so!

Kind Regards,
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“A MUCH BETTER LOCATION”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Now located upstairs in el Zoco this restaurant has so much more space and alternatives. Lovely outside eating area with great views as well as inside too . The choice and quality of food has increased greatly. Still a bit of a work in progress but well worth a visit. The owners are really ambitious and committed and deserve to succeed.in this new venture.

Visited April 2014
Barboru, Owner at BarBoru Restaurant, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Thank you for your comments. Moving restaurant is a mammoth task and although a few teething problems , we are ironing them out daily. It is a real pleasure for us to have so many of our clients from the old location follow us to our new home, and even better that they approve..

We look forward to looking after you again in the future.

Thanks again.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Back again - early this year!”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We were back on the Costa early this year and discovered Barboru had moved. Congratulations to the owners on their new venue - so much nicer than the previous. Still early days as they had only been open a matter of days but the ambience of the place and the terrace is great! One can see the sea - lovely. And the inside is great too for evening meals. And more importantly perhaps - the food still has the same appeal .. good wholesome food at good prices. We managed 4 visits in our time away - all were delightful. We were fortunate to be there for Mother's Day which was busy to say the least .. how they kept up is beyond me and naturally the service took a little longer .. but we were there for a relaxed meal and to enjoy the entertainment. All good I might say. We are planning a second visit to the Costa later this summer and Barboru will be our first port of call. Thank you! P.S. There are a few stairs to climb but hardly can be called a lot in anyone's book .. and well worth the effort.

• Visited March 2014
Barboru, Owner at BarBoru Restaurant, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Thank you ... I'm really pleased we have become a part of your holiday.. Now we will strive to keep up the levels you have grown to expect and love!

Thanks again.