“Barboru, Calahonda”
Review of BarBoru Restaurant

BarBoru Restaurant
Cuisines: Irish, European, British
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Scenic view, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff
Description: A warm welcome for everyone at Barboru - the home of good value quality cooking. Winner of 2013, 2014 & 2015 Certificates of Excellence from Trip Advisor Members. BarBoru serves Dinner, Brunch & Lunch in a clean friendly award winning environment. Free Wifi. Vegetarian options, cooked to order food, so in most cases we can tweek a dish... Owner operated and popular with tourists and locals alike. There are stairs, but enter from the side or rear of the centre to avoid excessive stairs.. Lift being built as I write!!
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Barboru, Calahonda”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Had a wonderful meal on the steak special night. We would love to have gone back on another occasion but did not have the time. Brian is so friendly and welcoming as are his staff. The food is English so if you are feeling homesick and want a change from Spanish fare then this is the place to visit. We had a table on the terrace so could watch the world go by which was lovely. Hope it will not be too long before we visit again. Jenny, Zane and Sonia

• Visited September 2012

Dublin, Ireland
“Great food & friendly atmosphere”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Would recommend Barboru to anyone. The food and service was brilliant. I was there for the Steak special night. Everyone had the steak and all were cooked perfectly and to everyone's liking.

Wigan, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic value for money”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We visited Barboru on a previous stay in Calahonda for lunch. This year my family and I ate there 3 times. Each time we had the special offer one night was steak and the other night was fish (we went again the following week for fish).
We absolutely cannot fault the hospitality shown to us by Brian and his staff, they were friendly and very chatty. On each occasion the food was brilliant, my son loves good old English food, chips, egg and sausage, he was made up ! The fish chips and mushy peas where the best I have ever had and as for the sweets, well, you are totally spoiled for choice
Never have I had San Miguel served to me in a iced/frosted glass, lovely touch. Definitely excellent value for money and well worth a visit. We didn't go for breakfast but if my son has any thing to do with it we certainly will do next summer.
Another great idea is that you can book via text message and get a personal reply from Brian to say your booking has been made.
Thanks Brian and staff!!
The Roberts Family (Diane, Tony, Jemma and Joseph)

• Visited August 2012
Barboru, Owner at BarBoru Restaurant, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you so much!!
In these days of negativity it is such a pleasure to know we made your holiday better. As i always say, we try to make Barboru better and better all the time. Feedback like this fuels us to keep that policy fresh.
I´m really gklad you like the ´Text a Table´ idea...

We look forward to seeing you next year when the children will be even bigger and can come in for breakfast while you enjoy a lie in!!

Thank you once more.

Brian
Galway, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Our wonderful experience at Barboru, Calahonda”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Just returned from a wonderful break in Calahonda, we had the pleasure of visiting Barboru, Restaurant & Bar on a number of occasions.
The staff were excellent,friendly and efficient, extending a warm welcome to all customers and taking the time for chat despite being very busy.
The extensive Menu offered quality foods prepared and presented to perfection.
Also a separate Menu offered a wide range of yummy Healthy Options.
Can't wait to visit soon again.

Bernadette & Carol

• Visited August 2012
Barboru, Owner at BarBoru Restaurant, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear Bernadette & Carol,
Thank you for your kind words, All the team here in BarBoru value our customers and everyone loves a pat on the back, so thank you for putting a smile on all our faces. Next time you get to Calahonda introduce yourselves and we will be glad to put a face to the name,

Kind Regards,
Brian & all at BarBoru
Edinburgh, Scotland
“Excellent value neighbourhood cafe restaurant”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My wife and I found this restaurant via a Cool Deals promotion where we received the excellent three course Sunday lunch and a mojito for about nine euros each. We were very impressed by the quality of the food. Good choice of starters - I had the Thai fishcakes and my wife had a quite superb baby mushrooms and garlic sauce. The mains could not be faulted. I had the roast beef and my wife the roast perk. Most unusually for Spain the desserts were excellent (I had apple strudel and my wife cherry tart). Both I am sure were home made.

Brian our host from Dublin was charming and certainly worked his socks off as my wife put it in ensuring that all diners were happy. Parking is easy outside the restaurant. it is beside the main N340 carretera but we did not find noise a problem. I had a couple of pints of beer which came beautifully served in a frozen glass and great value at 2.50 euros each.

Although we live some 20 kilometres away at the other side of Marbella we will certainly be back. Breakfasts seem incredible value and also their themed evening special dinners are at great prices.

The free wifi was a great plus also.

1 Thank Grant D
Barboru, Owner at BarBoru Restaurant, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Sometimes we get a comment from a client and it really makes it all worthwhile.
I have to admit it is sometimes heartbreaking when BarBoru receives a bad comment as we always try and make every visit to us as good as possible,
We don´t always succeed but try and learn from client´s experiences and try to make BarBoru the best on the coast.
Thank you so much for your positive feedback, and the fact you have such a long drive to visit us is even more appreciated. All the team here know that in these times we cannot be complacant and a positive remark from an experienced reviewer such as yourself is truly appreciated.

Yes, Simon in the kitchen makes the desserts and you have put a big smile on his face also! ( Next time you must try his cheesecake!)