“If you like gutter trash, here is the place to stay”
Review of Acacia Ridge Hotel

Acacia Ridge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Acacia Ridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We came to stay at this hotel purely because we were supporting some people at a private function... like the other review, we were left so disappointed that we chose to not even stay the night. The rooms are unclean and tacky, on check in you were given a key to turn on the air con and the remote ... why... do people really steal anything in that area .... The only good thing about the place was one of the Security guards and 2 of the bar staff.. the duty manager was rude.. the food was awful and well the event we went too.... that is for another report .... sadly this Hotel is never going to be on my wish list ....

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Debb D
Acacia Ridge Ho... M, Manager at Acacia Ridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2014

Dear Debb,

Whilst we appreciate your opinion and feedback of our hotel we do not agree with term ‘gutter trash’ used to describe our venue. I have listed below in dot points the issues you have addressed in your review.
- Our rooms are cleaned daily by contract cleaners and our linen is professionally cleaned by a reputably QLD wide company therefore the term ‘unclean’ concerns me as we expect nothing less than perfect from the contractors we pay good money to clean the rooms.

- The key for the air conditioning is not due to theft but purely an economic response to guests leaving for work in the morning and the air con remains on ALL DAY in an empty room. We are sorry you misunderstood the reasoning behind the key.

- Regarding the ‘awful’ food comment, there was 50 people who ate in the VIP section of the kickboxing and yours in the only negative review of the night. We had feedback from the other guests at the function and all comment were very positive. Some guests have even become members and dine with us on a regular basis now.

Further to your review if you were unhappy with something in the room you should have made the staff or management aware and we could have solved the issue for you straight away. We have a high level of regular guests who would be the first to inform staff and management should there be something substandard in the rooms.
In conclusion we wish you all the best with your travels.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

OMG, where to start. First up I was in this area on business so needed a place close by to stay for 1 night. I booked here as the location suited and after finding it via google, I thought how bad can it be.
I arrived mid afternoon and the reception was closed with a sign for me to go to the bar. I walked through a horrendous looking bar to be greeted by a rough looking 'bloke' asking was I looking to check in. I walked back to the reception area and given the key, and get this, the remote for the air conditioning unit haha..... Alarm bells rang from here. I got no direction where to go, thank you, good bye, nothing, just the key and and the air con remote.
I left the desk to look and after a few minutes found my room.
The room......
Im guessing Alfred Hitchcock modeled his room in the Bates Motel on this one.
Decor was 60's. The front door had a glass panel on the side which had been kicked in and was all cracked.
The fridge was sitting on a round table near the bed. The bathroom hadn't been cleaned properly, the toilet hadn't been flushed and I could go on........

That night I slept fully clothed on top of the sheets I was that afraid the bed weren't clean. The place was by far the worst thing I have ever seen. They should be shut down.
When I told them in work they said I should of checked back out and looking back I should of.
I gave them a couple of stars for location and only as it was convenient.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank TheTravellingAnt

Dear Travelling Ant from Sydney,

Can I start by stating you have loosely thrown around the term ‘murder scene’ as our rooms are far from any crime/murder scene.
We are a self-rated 3 star property and our rooms are only $80 per night. We are the most cost-effective motel around the vicinity of Acacia Ridge and our motel nears 96% occupancy. If you are after an upmarket business venue I would suggest booking some accommodation in the city where the rooms start at $150 per night. We never advertise to be something we are not and on google and our website you can see actual photo’s of the property including rooms, bar area, function rooms etc.
As stated previously our rooms are cleaned daily by contract cleaners and our linen is professionally cleaned by a reputably QLD wide company therefore it concerns me as we expect nothing less than perfect from the contractors that we pay good money to clean the rooms.
Regarding the damaged items we would have appreciated being informed that way we could have moved your room and had our maintenance team fix it so it is in perfect order for our next guest. We cannot fix something straight away if it is not brought to our attention in the first place.
I would suggest in future you do further research into the property and area you are look to stay in before booking it and writing offensive reviews like this.

Been to Acacia Ridge Hotel? Share your experiences!