Message from TripAdvisor:

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Golden Beach
Sydney, Australia
“Sunny place to unwind”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

Great place to stay to unwind and enjoy the heat of the Sunshine coast. It was placed in a quiet area with a short trip to the town centre.
The only thing I had to complain about was the floor in the room, which ended up wet everyday due to condensation from the hot air and aircon mixing it up.
The staff were friendly and helpful, so there are no complaints there. I would go back for sure if I was looking for an easy get away with familiar surroundings.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Brisbane
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

Old, tired and in need of a good refurb. Arrived to find a rather large gathering of elderly people having drinks in the BBQ area of the resort. Looked like some sort of singles night. Our room was very old and the bathroom smelt very especially closer to the toilet. The bathroom had a large spa bath but only used the shower as it didn't look very clean at all.
The view from our room was lovely overlooking the water and there are a few cafes close by if you aren't very fussy on where you eat. Fish & chips, Chinese.
Overall very disappointing stay and glad we only stayed one night.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank ltinbris
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

great views friendly staff close to all things 3 minute walk behind Worldmark to some great eating places II piccolo Italian restaurant is the best. we stayed in 2 bed deluxe 901 needs some updating comfortable beds which is a big plus for me. over all a great place we will be going back

Room Tip: corner suite on 9th floor 901 very private big bathroom huge balcony great main bedroom with best se...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank sandra b
Surfers Paradise, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

We've jusy come back from another 3 day stay at Worldmark Golden Beach. The staff at the front desk are friendly and go out of their way to help out. The views are amazing, we eat out on the balcony always, and are always amazed. The bedding is very comfortable, the kitchenette is small, but does the job. We've booked to go back again later in the year.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Judy G
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

We stayed here recently for two nights in a studio apartment on the 8th floor. The view was stunning and we spent quite a bit of time on the balcony. The studio was probably a little smaller than we would have liked but it was good the way you could close off the bed from the rest of the studio.

It was clean and cosy. The studio could use a more comfortable and modern lounge we thought. The bed was dreadful and after two nights I couldn't wait to move on to our next destination. It was very hard and had a sewn in plastic cover over the mattress which was most unpleasant and something which I have never encountered in all my travels.

The kitchen was tiny but for a couple of nights' stay suited our requirements. The TV was in a ridiculous position being in a low cupboard opposite the lounge and should have been on the wall for easier viewing.

The staff were all very friendly and the resort was quite nice. The families all made use of the swimming pool which was nice to see. The restaurant downstairs was very expensive. We wanted to have an entree and bottle of wine but the manager said we had to have a meal!! Needless to say, we did not dine there. There are no restaurants of any quality nearby within walking distance.

The shower was over the spa bath which I was concerned about climbing in and out of as I have a bad back but fortunately there were no mishaps. The was a decent size dining table but you couldnt see the tv from it.

Room Tip: Views are great from up high. If you are not very able, be careful about getting a room with shower...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rhonda1953
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

Overall I like this resort and think it represents good value for money.

Recently we stayed in a 3 bedroom apartment (1008) but left halfway through a ten day stay because it was dated, the couch was very old and sagging, and the owner had locked off a heap of kitchen cupboards, leaving us with only one small cupboard to use as a pantry. Not very good for a family of five on a ten night holiday.

Our previous experience in this establishment was great - we were in a refurbished two bedroom, and I preferred the 2 bedroom to the 3 bedroom.

Reception did tell me that they are refurbishing the 3 bedroom apartments in the next six to eight weeks.

Despite all that, I do like the resort, and it worked out at about $230 per night for a ten night stay with amazing views, which is very reasonable. Also, when we decided to leave on day 5, they let us cancel, only penalising us one night.

If all I could afford was around $250 per night for a ten night stay, this would be my first choice. But we chose to pay around $100 per night more and move to a newer place with luxury furniture and full kitchen.

I would maybe come back for a shorter stay, if I knew the 3 bedrooms had been refurbished.

Room Tip: ask if it has been refurbished recently
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank kelski2
Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

Stayed in 1014 on the 10th floor. Decor was extremely dated. Apartment was one bedroom with sofa/pullout. Kitchen was less than 2m2 (square), with 2 burner electric hob and less than 1m square work space. We found this to be extremely poor, for a self catering apartment.

There was a tv 32cm TCL(?) tucked in underneath kitchen top surface. Yes, it was crap.

Bathroom was large and dated. Spa bath was good, old and noisy. Main bed was not comfortable. Dining table looked like it had never been used.

Balcony was small but had good views over to Bribie and Caloundra. However, this unit was located 10 floors above the restaurant. Every single night, all we could smell when sitting on our balcony was cooking smells, or garbage smells. This was....let's just say... very disappointing?

Also disappointing, was the level of ambient noise. Sitting out on a balcony next to the water at golden beach, at night, you would assume that it would be quite peaceful?! Honestly, it was more peaceful sitting on the balcony at the wyndham at surfers, where we have stayed at on several occasions.

Also, it's worth noting that there are no dedicated car spaces in this complex. I'm not sure why not? But it's not nice to get back to your hotel and find that you don't have a space after a day out.

We were required to attend a 90 min sales presentation as part of our stay, offering us the chance to spend $36,384 to secure 12,000 credits of ownership within the worldmark scheme. I wish I had been brave enough to just say,... "Why would I want to pay that kind of money, If I have to stay in places of this standard?!!!" - to be fair though, our sales rep, who was very professional and courteous, did acknowledge that the golden beach resort wasn't representative of the worldmark properties. I should hope not, otherwise the scheme would implode pretty quickly.

On the plus side, the staff were all very professional and helpful. There is a decent pool area, heated (but that doesn't mean it is warm, haha..) and a bbq area. The apartments are right next to the water, and also right next to BWS/Spar/newsagents/bakery/cafe, etc. The close proximity to BWS, enabled me to drink my way through this mini holiday without worrying too much about the above.

In summary, this was (unfortunately) the worst accommodation that I have ever stayed in, within SEQ. I've lived in Brisbane for 10yrs now. I was astonished when the rep told us that the regular price for the apartment was $169 per night. I have just checked wotif, and he was telling the truth. However, he was being a little frugal with the truth, because practically every single night is on "special offer" for $99 per night.

Room Tip: Defintely not a room directly above the restaurant.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Rumba Beach Resort
Rumba Beach Resort
#1 of 16 in Caloundra
Breakfree Alexandra Beach Premier Resort
Breakfree Alexandra Beach Premie...
#1 of 7 in Alexandra Headland

Been to Ramada Resort Golden Beach? Share your experiences!