We stayed in a 2 bed / 2 bath apartment on the 9th floor.
Cleanliness - the apartment was impeccable tidy, and had a houskeeping card signed by the cleaner, duty manager and maintenance. I was pretty impressed by that. Even the balcony and balcony furniture was spotless.
Self Catering - apartment had a reasonable sized fridge. We are a family of 5, and stayed there for 5 nights. There was plenty of room for wine, snacks and food. The kitchen was basically equipped but perfectly equipped. It had just enough of what you needed. Loved that they had a little bit of salt and pepper provided as well.
Accommodation - beds / lounges / dining were comfortable and attractive. Air conditioning throughout.
Views - one of the wonderful things about this resort is that all apartments face the beach. Everyone gets a view, except perhaps if you are on the first floor. The balcony had a six seater dining setting, and also two banana lounges. We spent a lot of time relaxing on the banana lounges, watching the never ending drama of passing ships, small boats, windsurfers, jet skis, and families paddling in the sandbars.
Food - there is a fabulous Thai restaurant on the ground floor which also serves kids meal (chips and nuggets etc). We ate, or ordered takeout from this restaurant almost every night.
Day Spa - there is a day spa on level 2, and we had massages and a facial. It was very relaxing, and my husband who suffers from a sore upper back got particular benefit from the massage.
- deep pool with a great waterslide kept our kids entertained for hours. there is a large shallow section for younger children
- spa and sauna
- games room (I went through $30 in ten minutes with my 3 kids).
- large DVD library. We purchased an "all you can watch" for our stay, and had unlimited DVD's for $20
- bbq area
- kayaks. We hired two kayaks and ferried our three children out to the sand bar. Was great, and next time I am going to kayak over to Bribie Island with my oldest child.
Location: there is a calm beach (patrolled) within 100 metres of the complex. Also a small shopping strip which has supermarkets, chemist, newsagency, hairdresser, bottle shop, and an assortment of take away shops is within one minutes walk.
If you are content to swim, kayak, eat and drink, you won't need a car. We did have a car, and only once did we have trouble getting a carspace. We were staying there in peak season.
All in all, the accommodation was well thought out, very comfortable, and the resort is really well managed. We are looking forward to another holiday in this resort.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Ramada Resort Golden Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Worldmark Golden Beach Hotel Caloundra
- Ramada Resort Golden Beach Caloundra, Australia