“Wonderful staff, Lovely hotel, great location”

Ramada Resort Golden Beach
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Golden Beach
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Stayed Aug 2013. On arrival the staff were the most helpful and pleasant I have encounted in a long while. General reception area is nice and modern and the pool area is lovely. Gym and tennis facilities aswell - although not used. We had an offer with a resort pack which got us free hire of bikes, tennis etc so grab one if you can - if not I think a nominal fee applies. Free Parking as well. The Room we stayed in was a 1 bedroom, 100% clean and tidy and no issues at all, balcony overlooked the water and the pool and was pretty much spot on fro what we were after. Locally there are a handful of restaurants, shops and lovely coastal walkways along the beach...however...the 'main' Caloundra town with its main street, beaches and restaurants is a fair 30 min stroll away. There is a small beach right in front of the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a water view, you probably need to be 3rd floor up to see over the trees though. Get a resor...
1  Thank Darren L

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Over all a pleasent stay. On arival was put in an uncomfortable position with being pushed into a time share seminar. What the. Got charged to use 2 tennis raquets where all other resorts it's complementary. Room was average. Stayed in a deluxe 2 bedroom. Second bedroom so small and stuffy we dragged the mattrises out in the lounge room. Pretty clean even though you have to leave it spotless and no rubbish, even in the small bathroom bins, or you would be charged extra for cleaning.
No need to be so stingy. The resort charged me twice for my stay. I'm waiting to get my money back for the error.

Room Tip: Go the larger rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Brian S
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great location with an expansive water view. Took advantage of a special two night stay offer so very reasonably priced. Hired a canoe and bikes to see the local area. A pleasant walk into Caloundra for local restaurants along a coastal path. Room well appointed including a spa bath, small but adequate kitchen and balcony. Very friendly staff made for a relaxing stay.

Room Tip: Great views from the 10th floor.
1  Thank 101JennyF
Reviewed September 1, 2013

worldmark seemed to be the only hotel left in Caloundra with a room, this didn't bode well. However the room was clean, comfy, well laid out, great view from the tenth floor (we got a studio spa room), water was hot, bed was comfy if a little close to the ground..,and there was a nice private balcony setting with an ashtray! thanks Worldmark. we only stayed one night and didn't use any of the facilities (pool etc) but we thoroughly enjoyed our time in caloundra. if I wanted to be picky; the room could have benefitted from better coffee, the reception staff could have sounded a little more interested in her job and the fountain pump could have been turned off earlier (a little noisy) but only if I wanted to complain which I don't. it is only a very short taxi fare to town where bars and restaurants are a plenty and I reckon a nicer view than if we stayed in town.

Room Tip: high level for great view but best to just ask first
1  Thank rogeryoung
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

As a Wyndham Privileges Diamond owner I expect better than this offers. My big complaint is the total lack of secure parking available and the staff attitude to complaints re this. Never any apology. Especially if you have a rental car it is no fun parking in the street and having to worry about insurance. Small rooms even for 2 people using a sofa bed, how 4 would ever fit is beyond me. The shower is a major OHS issue - how many people can step over a 60cm bath tub to take a shower.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank jamscone3
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stayed here for 3nights and found it a wonderful spot not far from the more busy part of Caloundra, views and accommodation perfect for us, I must say that my only down side in the studio room was the size of the spa (yes i wanted a bigger spa to relax) and also that for if u wanted just a quiet night in there is no movie options in the room (yes u can hire from reception) but other then that right across the road from beach shop directly behind. All in all though had a wonderfu stay reception were very friendly and helpful would definately stay here again and recommend to friends and family

Room Tip: Stayed in a studio room on the top floor payed a bit extra for the view IMO worth it
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I am giving this review an "average" instead of a "poor" rating solely due to the pool and the view. I am a Worldmark by Wyndham owner and as such, my expectations for these properties is much higher than this property delivered. We (parents and 2 children aged 5 and 1) stayed at the resort from July 6-13. We were on the 6th (out of 10) floor and the views really were spectacular. It seems all of the rooms have an ocean view and the sunrise over the water really is breathtaking. Also, the pool is heated. It is large with several different depths for swimmers of all levels. It had a great water slide and what looked like a very nice jacuzzi.

The overall decor of the hotel is outdated but not ugly by any means. But the rooms were terrible. I tried every which way to get a 2 bedroom unit but I was not able to do so using my WM points or a combination of points + payment. It was strictly one or the other. Which is not necessarily the hotel's problem but they would have had a happier customer if they had tried to accommodate that need. The room was small but not too small for our needs. We brought a port-a-cot for our youngest and our oldest can easily sleep on a pull out sofa.

HOWEVER

The pull out sofa had a mattress on it that was at least 20 years old. It was thread bare on one side and the springs were actually sticking out of it on the other side. The springs on the actual pull out portion of the sofa were also worn out and caused the mattress to sag through in places. It was appalling.

The floor was SO FILTHY that all of our feet were black from having walked on it for only a few minutes. Imagine my one year old crawling around on it. His whole legs and clothes were black.

The square footage of the space is not bad, but it is terribly used. For example, the "bedroom" (closed off by strange sliding shutters that squeak) does not need to be in that odd hexagon shape. A squared off bedroom would add more living space. Also, although the patio was nice, it was unnecessarily huge. It seemed to me that when space is such an issue, perhaps the patio doesn't need to be so huge. Obviously these things are not an easy fix but they certainly added to our annoyance. There were no dressers or sufficient area to put our clothes. We stayed in the resort for a full week, and I imagine that many people do the same as these are holiday apartments and not just hotel rooms. I would recommend the resort finds a way to incorporate this. Especially with the lack of space, suit cases strewn all over only added to the problem. Also, the tack strips (sharp strips that hold the carpet in place where it meets the tile floor) were exposed in several places and we were all poked by them at some point. Even the baby. The queen size bed was incredibly hard.

The shops and restaurants across the way and nearby were great. We also took the opportunity to get some professional family photos done in the area. We used Emma Nayler [photographer] and she was amazing. If you're after photos while you're in the area, google her for sure!

Overall, having sung the praises of Worldmark to friends, family, and acquaintances; and having stayed in many Worldmark properties worldwide - I would have been embarrassed if I had brought a friend or family member with me on this holiday. It is an okay place to crash while you're exploring the region, but it is NOT up to the standard that Worldmark has set in it's other properties.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
#2 of 16 in Caloundra
Rumba Beach Resort
Rumba Beach Resort
#1 of 16 in Caloundra

Been to Ramada Resort Golden Beach? Share your experiences!