“Consistently Good”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Hadn't been here for a while but took visiting family from overseas and was again impresses with the service, the food, the ambience and the value for money. Chef also allowed me to divert from the menu to have my favourite scaloppine marsala with a side of pasta. Will always go back.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Ive been to il piccolo a few times, but recently went last friday night with my parents. For good italian food there prices are very reasonable. It is a great family owned and run business. Between 3 of us we had 2 entrees, 3 mains and 2 desserts and BYO drinks.
We had scallops and bacon and bbq calamari for entree, which was really yummy. For mains i had pork belly that was delicious and my parents had 2 different types of veal which was yummy too. for dessert tiramisu and creme caramel and the tiramisu was to die for and the creme caramel was nice and light. Im not sure why people have companied about food and service but I've never had it yet. Definitely worth a try if you love good italian food.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Whilst I read earlier reviews of this restaurant, I decided to give it a go, and by God, I'm glad I did! Although the decor and service may not imitate an authentic Italian experience, the cuisine was up there with the best I have experienced in a long time.

I has an entree and main, both encompassing seafood and red meat, and both were exquisite in taste and texture. They mixed well with an authentic 2009 vino nobile di montepulciano.

Tucked away inside a small arcade, Il Piccolo should be visited for a delicious Italian meal if in the area.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

We tempted fate after reading the mixed reviews & was disappointed with our decision to eat at this restaurant.
1- we were greeted by a snarling owner & annoyed looking chef
2- the young man serving mustn't have ever worked table service - plonked our wine bottle & our food on the table - he didn't smile, didn't offer anything extra including cracked pepper
3- the other wait staff (an owner I think) also didn't smile, ask us if we enjoyed our meal or offer any comments when we paid our $200 bill
4- now the food - breads very average - ravioli tasted like a supermarket variety - marinara was ok but found some cold calamari - chicken dish was ok & the lamb chops definitely the best of the selection. We didn't stay for dessert as planned as the atmosphere was so dour.
Would certainly not recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

We took some Japanese visitors to this wonderful Italian Restaurant for dinner. There were 7 diners on our table and every one of us gave this Restaurant 5 Stars, the clean, homely environment, the service and the food - best we have had in a long time and we dine out an awful lot and are also in the hospitality industry.
The entree, mains and deserts were all first class - large serves, fresh ingredients and cooked to perfection - well done to all involved, we will definitely be visiting again.