“Never disappoints!”

Il Piccolo
Ranked #10 of 18 Restaurants in Golden Beach
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Alderley
“Never disappoints!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

I can guarantee you will not be disappointed at Il Piccolos. The dishes available are undoubtably some of the best I have ever had. The chefs Duck El'orange is just amazing, as are the steaks, pastas and seafood dishes. Expect a delicious meal

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank sherieJ91

Perth, Australia
“Absolutely delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

My partner and I have been to Il Piccolo's in Golden Beach a few times. Each time have tried something different --and each time the food is amazing! The traditional Italian cuisine is the best I have ever had, and yet the chef is still inventive and has treated us to new dishes that I have never seen at any other restaurant. Its so nice to be served something special, and not a dish you can expect at any other restaurant.

Truly spectacular food, I definately recommend!

• Visited June 2013
“Worst restaurant on the Sunshine Coast.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I were looking for a different Italian restaurant one night and found II Piccolo, this is by far the worst restaurant I have ever been to.

The food is stupidly over priced, they believe charging $25 for a fettuccine carbonara is perfectly fine. Normally I would be fine paying this much but when it tastes no better than a mccain's frozen meal from woolworths, you can't help but feel ripped off. These guys take the easy way out and should be ashamed of calling themselves Italian, simply making fresh pasta would be an excellent start but from what I experienced these guys would rather cut corners and pull it straight out of a packet.

II Piccolo is a place where cutting corners, serving TERRIBLE food and charging top price all come together and make for a terrible dinning experience.

II Piccolo is an absolute joke, you'll end up leaving feeling like you should have asked for your money back.

Save yourself time and money.

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank ConSniff
Brisbane, Australia
“Classic Suburban Itallian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

We stayed at the Moorings Resort and were pointed towards il Piccolo Italian Restaurant for dinner on a Friday evening. I must say we were pleasantly surprised.

Golden Beach is a hard gig for any restaurant during the low season. Most of the locals hold on to the pennies and it was reflected in the number of patrons dining at the restaurant... we witnessed two other couples, which I don’t think fairly represented the dining experience.

The restaurant is located in a small suburban shopping centre in Golden Beach. It is located at the end of an arcade and was clean, well appointed and comfortable.

The menu was classically traditional. Pasta, Meat and Fish with a couple of token vegetable dishes thrown in for good measure. So no Pizza, which on this occasion was good. The establishment is family run and operated and attention to detail wasn’t lost.

Service was good, the food more than adequate. I had a Seafood Marinara that was excellent and my wife enjoyed a creamy basil pasta dish which she agreed was extremely tasty. We followed up with desert which consisted of Tiramisu and Apple Strudel. The Tiramisu was fine the Apple strudel served cold, but tasted good all the same. I think the evening totalled around $110 for the two of us (including a few drinks), all things considered, not too bad on the wallet.

I can see how this sort of restaurant is going to battle but I don’t believe it’s worth writing off as a good place to enjoy an evening meal.

PS The hotel we stayed at us told us they serve a good cup of coffee in the morning for $3.50.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank L_D_HSydney
Caloundra, Australia
“Expensive but delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

This place is quite pricey when compared to the surrounding restaurants, however I think they have the right to charge as their food is absolutely delicious every time. Their chef knows what he is doing!

2 Thank EvidencebyFran