“Can't wait to return to this home away from home!”

Atlantic Beach Villa
Ranked #1 of 14 Sunset Beach B&B and Inns
San Diego, California
“Can't wait to return to this home away from home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

My husband and I spent about three weeks at Atlantic Beach Villa. Glynis, Kevin and their staff accommodated us in every way possible; including having our laundry done. The room was very clean and comfortable to return to at the end of each day. Glynis is an encyclopedia of information regarding everything to see, do and eat in Cape Town and she also provided stimulating conversation during breakfast. Thankfully, it is a quiet place with respectful guests. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
abvilla, Owner at Atlantic Beach Villa, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Hi Debbie & Roy, thank you It was our pleasure. I also miss the morning chats . Look forward to your next visit
kind regards
Glynis & Kevin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Paderborn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

it was a great stay before we flew back to Germany. The Guesthouse was clean and had a nice and small garden with a little pool. The rooms were nice so as the staff - the hosts were friendly and Mrs. Glynis made the best omletts in history - for sure!! :D We enjoyed our last days in capetown at their B&Bs! Recommendable! For brai Mr Glynis prepared everything for us so we only had to make our meat. It was too friendly... thank you very much!! :D

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Durban, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

Having visited there in 2012 and not being overly impressed I promised Glynis the owner/host that I would be back. I am so glad I kept to my promise because now it is an excellent B&B for which Glynis can be justifiably proud.

All the little niggles I had on my previous visit have been fixed, the door bell has been replaced and works, the TV reception and choice of channels is now exellent and all the other little things that erked me have been attended to - now everything is 110%!

The only thing that hasn't changed is Glynis' fantastic omlettes - thank heavens!

When I am down your way again Glynis I will be honoured to be your guest again and again!

Room Tip: The first room on your left as you enter the front door.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
abvilla, Owner at Atlantic Beach Villa, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you Richard, it was wonderful to have you back, We always like to hear from our guests good or bad, if you don't know about a problem you can't fix it. so thank you .
We look forward to your next visit.
Glynis & Kevin
Sterzing
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

Mrs. Glynis Swart and husband are very nice people. So our stay in Cape Town was really super. Only some minutes by car from center away it's the best place to stay. Full off friendliness and tips what to do stay in this tip b&b! Rooms are nice, house is very clean and taken very good.

Room Tip: Mrs. Glynis Swart and husband are very nice people. So our stay in Cape Town was really super. Only...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Leuven, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

We recieved a warm and friendy welcome. Glynis provided a lot of tips for our stay in the cape region. The rooms were spacious and clean. Breakfast was freshly baked by Glynis and an excellent start for the day. Wireless internet is free, which we appreciated.

• Stayed October 2012
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

I stayed for 4 days at Atlantic Beach Villa on holiday. When I arrived I was shown to a room on the first floor. When I explained my fear of heights, my room was changed without fuss to a pool facing room. The room and bathroom were immaculately clean, with a wonderful shower and lots of little extras. I never eat breakfast, but when I saw what was on offer, I changed my mind for one of Glynis's hot cooked breakfasts. The beach was a 3 minute walk away with great unspoilt views. There is an excellent bus service nearby running into the city and waterfront, but if you want to be out later than 21H30 the taxi fare back could cost you more than R200. Nothing was too much trouble for my hosts and a solution was found for every request. Although I was on my own, I would also recommend this place to couples and friends. Atlantic Beach Villa will definitely be my first choice the next time I'm in Cape Town.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Ettongirl
Durban, South Africa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

I think if I really wanted to be critical and that is what reviews are about it was the small things that prevented me giving Atlantic a better review. Firstly on arrival the bell didn't work, but Glynis our host said you have to push it real hard. Shouldn't be!!!!

The rooms were fine but the reception on the TV was appalling! And only channels TV1,2&3 + ETV. Again, go one step further and make it great.

What was great was Glynis' omlette at breakfast! Not to be missed!

Room Tip: I had a family room which was more than I needed.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
#3 of 14 in Sunset Beach
Dolphin Inn Guesthouse-Blouberg
Dolphin Inn Guesthouse-Blouberg
#1 of 53 in Bloubergstrand

Been to Atlantic Beach Villa? Share your experiences!