“Pleasant Surprise - Great Hosts!!”

Atlantic Beach Villa
Ranked #1 of 14 Sunset Beach B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I stayed for 4 days at Atlantic Beach Villa on holiday. When I arrived I was shown to a room on the first floor. When I explained my fear of heights, my room was changed without fuss to a pool facing room. The room and bathroom were immaculately clean, with a wonderful shower and lots of little extras. I never eat breakfast, but when I saw what was on offer, I changed my mind for one of Glynis's hot cooked breakfasts. The beach was a 3 minute walk away with great unspoilt views. There is an excellent bus service nearby running into the city and waterfront, but if you want to be out later than 21H30 the taxi fare back could cost you more than R200. Nothing was too much trouble for my hosts and a solution was found for every request. Although I was on my own, I would also recommend this place to couples and friends. Atlantic Beach Villa will definitely be my first choice the next time I'm in Cape Town.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Ettongirl
There are newer reviews for Atlantic Beach Villa

Reviewed April 30, 2012

I think if I really wanted to be critical and that is what reviews are about it was the small things that prevented me giving Atlantic a better review. Firstly on arrival the bell didn't work, but Glynis our host said you have to push it real hard. Shouldn't be!!!!

The rooms were fine but the reception on the TV was appalling! And only channels TV1,2&3 + ETV. Again, go one step further and make it great.

What was great was Glynis' omlette at breakfast! Not to be missed!

Room Tip: I had a family room which was more than I needed.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Stayed at the villa for 1 week, for a vacation to Capetown. I chose this place to have a base that would be convenient for day trips, have packing, be in a safe area, and maybe to use the beach. We did not end up using the beach except to watch the kitesurfers for a while, but I do feel that it met my other criteria.
The room itself seemed to be perfectly constructed to allow just enough space to have and do everything, without having to maneuver a suitcase around or put everything in storage. The closet was spacious, the bathroom as well. The shower was strong, hot, very nice. The bed comfortable for 2 people, temperature well controlled. I liked that the windows could be opened for fresh air.
The hosts became like family throughout the week. I thought I had prepared and researched well, but Glynis always had extra tips and ideas that worked out very well. She also went through the trouble of calling to arrange activities, buying concert tickets, allowing me to use the internet. Wifi is free, available, worked well in our room as well.
Breakfast was excellent, more than enough to eat, and a great variety as well. I looked forward to it each day.
A very quiet place, I never noticed other guests unless they showed up to breakfast. The neighborhood was all suburban houses, and after seeing other areas of Capetown I was happy I chose it. Only on late nights or long drives did we wish that we were a little closer- but 15 minutes to downtown is not bad. It never kept us away, always had dinner downtown.
I was very happy with my choice, the only thing better could have been a beautiful Camps Bay view- but considering we were out all day, we would never have enjoyed it!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 23, 2012

We have just returned from this guest house and would certainly recommend it. Rooms were nice and very clean. Breakfast was great. The host and hostess were charming, very friendly and accommodating in every way. They gave good recommendations for restaurants and places to visit. We would certainly recommend it and stay there again.

Room Tip: Any of the rroms were nice
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I first stayed at Atlantic Beach Villa in 2005 and was so impressed I went twice more; I also stayed in 2007 and again just recently in 2012. The Villa has not deteriorated at all since my first visits and is well maintained and improved all the time. It is exceptionally clean and the rooms are nicely furnished with great finishing touches like a tea towel so you can wash up your cups/glasses and re-use; wipes for cleaning shoes and the usual toiletries. The hosts, Glynis and Kevin are extremely friendly and helpful. The setting at Blouberg is ideal as it's away from the crowds and great for bracing walks along the beach. The pool is wonderfully warm and the place is quiet and restful. The breakfast was superb and cooked to order. All in all it's great value for money and I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: All the rooms face the pool but the upstairs room does have stunning views too.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Though the Atlantic Beach Villa is not directly at the beach it takes just a few minutes to walk to the famous Blauberg Strand with its spectacular view to the Table Mountain and Capetown. As such the very well kept and cozy place is the ideal stay for all tours to Capetown and the Capetown area, as by rental car as by public transportation (modern new bus system station nearby). The Atlantic Beach Villa owners, Glynis and Kevin, both very, very nice people, do everything to make one's stay as perfect as possible and help in any way. Their breakfast ist fantastic and though we had rooms being larger than the one we had in the Atlantic Beach Villa this time my wife and I will definitely stay with Glynis and Kevin again when we visit beautiful Capetown again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2011

I stayed here with my sister on the last 2 days of a 3 week trip. We wanted to stay somewhere close to the beech and with a view of Tabletop Mountain. Atlantic Beach Villia ticked all the boxes along with the fact that it was also the cheapest guesthouse we stayed in.

Glynis the host was very friendly and helpful and kindly gave us one of the rooms that had a balcony with a view over Cape Town which was unexpected and fabulous. Atlantic Beach Villa has a lovely wee pool and plenty of space to sun bathe. The beach is just a few minutes walk away.

Overall this was a fabulous guesthouse a real value for money. If however your here for Cape Town night life keep in mind that it can be a £20 taxi fare from the city centre to Sunset Beach

• Stayed: February 2011
#6 of 14 in Sunset Beach
Sunset Beach Lodge & Spa
Sunset Beach Lodge & Spa
#1 of 4 in Sunset Beach

Been to Atlantic Beach Villa? Share your experiences!