All reviews the salt water pool small fridge chiang mai mai rim great pool zip lining peace and quiet per day cottage wifi trees garden nature thailand jungle
Reviewed August 21, 2018

Well maintained resort. Bungalows are nice and well equipped. Wifi can be weak for bungalows far from main office. I was however much disappointed about the breakfast which is much below what you can expect in Thailand, at least as far as I could see during my travel in other hotels. Pool and garden is really nice.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2018

What can I say, Monoceros is one of my favorite places anywhere. Let me count the ways:
- incredibly quiet, restful and beautiful location
- each bungalow is detached and is painted in great colors, giving the resort a real character. The room is large and well-equipped. Bathroom is also huge.
- I bring a group to stay here twice a year, and the staff is just superb. They are some of the nicest, most caring staff in any hotel/resort I have ever met. They really go out of the way to help us at all times
- similarly, the owners Paul and Ohm are just wonderful people. It feels like they are opening their home to us! After 5 times, they feel more like friends than just owners. Even when they had to go away for a trip the last time we stayed, they made sure everything is taken care of. And they did! And the fact that they were worried about our well-being while away is just super sweet.
- kudos to the cook who makes such delicious Thai meals. We had so many people, but the quality never dropped even when having to cook for such large numbers
- when we first came, we did find the breakfast options a bit limited. Lo and behold, the owners listened and added a bunch of items onto there the next time. Bravo!
- similarly, we were underwhelmed with the coffee the first time we stayed, and they went ahead to buy a real coffee machine. Gosh, they always address any small criticisms we have!
- there is massage service at the resort, and the women are excellent messeuses. Super strong hands! Great for my very stiff shoulders.
- the large pool is salt water, which is wonderful since chlorine stings my eyes.
- each room has hairdryers and water boilers. And a small fridge. And two bottles of water per day. Basically, all you need

Gosh, I am gushing as if this is an infomercial, which it is not - I just really truly enjoy staying here. But if I am forced to nitpick:
- the bed is pretty hard, and with my stiff shoulders it has given me neck cramps in the morning... (but I have gotten more used to it)
- soap in the bathroom is a bit dinky
- wifi is very hit and miss the last time we stayed. It was better before, funnily enough

But honestly, considering all that they do for us, I feel a bit bad for even criticizing. Thank you Paul, Ohm and the crew for running one of the best resorts I have ever stayed in!

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed July 1, 2018

This resort is a bit outside of Chiang Mai proper, more in the Mai Rim area, but it is great. Paul and his staff make you feel at home, and each room is actually a miniature home. The restaurant has a varied menu of reasonably priced dishes, and they offer free breakfast as well. The pool is salt water and quite refreshing when the temps rise. If you relish peace and quiet, then this is the place for you. Thanks Paul.

Room tip: You can't go wrong with any room.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2018

Another return to Monoceros as we consider it amongst,if not the best, in the area.Recent rain has the gardens looking lush and their own veg patch thriving.We live locally so we spend most of our time in the saltwater pool but for first time visitors there are many attractions close by.Rooms are spotlessly clean and the dining options are first class.

Room tip: All chalets are well spaced out,very quiet .
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2018 via mobile

This resort is a jewel in the jungle!

Modern bungalows, fresh salt water pool and a superb Thai restaurant. Only 30 min drive outside Chiang Mai, but it feels like you are 5 hrs away!Helpful staff and close to outdoor activities.

A real gem! Definitely worth the visit...

Date of stay: May 2018