Lowest prices for your stay
$189
Hotels.com
$189
Trip.com
$169
eDreams$191
Booking.com$191
Hurb$217
All reviews boiled rice private villa days nights peaceful place stream nature resort backache jungle
Selected filters
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I stayed 2 nights at late of April, 2012. I made reservation through the hotel's web (with it you can choose a specific room) because I wanted to stay in No.6 room that I had seen at a magazine.

The room was wonderful and never disappointed my expectations. It has CD player and hotel original music CDs (nice music in it!) I could relax the room daytime with them.

Welcome fruit was mangostin and rambutan. (When I borrowed a knife to cut them at the restaurant, they brought crushed ice, too. I moved the hospitality)
Unfortunately, mineral water in the room was not chilled.

Restaurant provides many manu (Thai Food, western food and drinks). Cafe latte is excellent.

Just one weak point is that this area is far away from city central.
If you don't use rent-a car like me, you may feel a bother.
One way costs 800 TB with taxi (they don't never use meter-machine and some taxi company showed same fee) . You can not catch taxi and so around threre, where have itts many uphills and downhills and you cannot use a bicycle. So if you want to go to Elephant Camp you need to be dropped on the way to/from the hotel. I fact, I asked taxi driver to wait for one hour for Show on the way to return to city central.
On the other hand, hotel's pick up service costs 1000 TB one way.

Room tip: I found that the other rooms have almost same architecture with No.6. Though No.6 is popular with guests and has a careful patio (garden). A room near a pool could be noisy with children's voice during daytime.
Date of stay: April 2012
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We had a great two nights stay in Proud Phu Fah. It's a mere 40 minutes drive from Chiang Mai. In the direct area are plenty of attractions to fill your days. On the other hand, Proud Phu Fah itself is a great place to spend a relaxing day. The staff all are very friendly and willing to assist.

We had a private villa with a terrace. All the villas are far enough from each other which gives you a great sense of privacy. The villa was large. On the first floor we had a seating area with a television (just Thai TV) and upstairs was a mattress. The mattress was too hard to my liking, but the staff put some extra duvets which made it softer. The rooms are clean, but not very clean. The villa has a so-called outdoor shower, which is great.

Breakfast came included in our rate and is delectable. One has the choice between two types of Asian and an American breakfast. We had dinner once which was great as well. Authentic Thai food (with a lot of regional specialities).

Staff is service orientated. One day the masseuse came in a bit late and to apologize we were offered a nice afternoon tea.

At night the temperature cools down due to the altitude, which is really nice after a warm day. The villa is also equipped with an air conditioning.

If you want to have relaxing stay in the mountains with great service and nice food, this is the place to go.

Date of stay: June 2012
2  Thank dutchtraveller75
Reviewed January 27, 2012

the only drawback is that it gets cold in the mountains once the sun sets and the restaurant is in the open - so take a set of warm clothes. We were there for New Years Eve which was very merry with stalls of food and handicrafts provided by people from the nearby village, a great 3 piece band with a good vocalist, dancing, games and at midnight the release of fifty or so sky lanterns which floated up over the forest and the hills and slowly disappeared, along with 2011. We spent 5 days there and loved it. The staff were endlessly helpful, there are lots of things to do in the neighbourhood: elephant camp, trip wire through the forest canopy, snake and monkey farms, botanical gardens, and delightful Chiang Mai half an hour away. We hired a minivan and driver, reasonably priced.

Room tip: my room had a deck overhanging a bubbling brook, perfect for that mid-morning coffee
Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Lamalyrede
Reviewed November 22, 2011

A cute boutique hotel with nine individual rooms/buildings (and another 10 rooms under construction) on a gurgling stream in the hills of the Mae Sa Valley north of Chiang Mai. About a 45-minute ride/drive from the airport/city. If you're renting a car, navigating the city is a tad tricky, but once you get out of town, it's straightforward.

It's a nicely designed place that's a little rough on the edges. Our bathroom was outdoors, and there wasn't a lot of hot water, so don't expect a steaming hot shower. But enough to bathe in quickly. There were a few bugs in the room, but nothing that seemed interested in biting us, so that was fine. You can sit outdoors on your private back deck and listen to the stream that winds around the property. Very peaceful.

Nice saltwater pool, but it's cold, kind of like jumping in a mountain stream. Decent meals served outdoors, kitchen closes at 8 pm. It was chilly overnight in late November, low of 12 Celsius according to the blackboard outside the office. But warm during the day. Good place to go if you want a break from the heat.

Nearby, I would recommend the Queen Sirikit Botanical Garden and, a little bit further back toward the road to Chiang Mai, the Mae Sa Waterfall if you want some uphill but easy (concrete path) hiking.

I got a special rate of 4,299 baht (instead of regular 5,500 baht) by selecting special rate online. The hotel called me the next day to offer me the rate. It may have to do with the ongoing construction, which was noticeable but not enough to be bothersome to me.

Room tip: You can view each room online and pick which one you want.
Date of stay: November 2011
4  Thank Laidback84
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Nice hip resort located high in the mountain, and next to a creed, so you get free soundtrack of river flow + insects buzzing. Nice deck from the villa for you to have a morning sitting 2 meters away from th fast flowing creed.

Date of stay: August 2011