My husband and I decided to venture off the beaten path and try staying at this hotel. Sure it is a 45 minute drive outside of Chiang Mai...and that can get pricy if you take too many trips...but wow it is worth it. First of all, the staff: They sort of became like family during our stay. Our driver even joined us for a day of zip lining! The staff is very accommodating, kind, generous, and above all just easy to be around. And then there's the view.... When they say "you have a view of the cascades" they are not joking. You literally look out your door and you are surrounded by cascades. We stayed in the rooms to the right of the restaurant which were these fantastic teak buildings with semi-outdoor (roofless) showers which really add to the ambience. The view and grounds and surroundings alone are worth it. Then to top it all off, the food was really really good! I was worried that being stuck so far outside of any town would really limit our dining options but the hotel food is so good, I hardly even noticed. I would highly recommend this as a honeymoon/romantic destination. One word of advice...bring mosquito repellent! Also, there is no fitness center...but take a hike if you want a workout, you're in the woods! Otherwise, enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Natural Luxury boutique resort which is the perfect for private romantic honeymoon. The Resort lies on the sloping bank of a mountain stream in the verdant Chiangmai highland. Mountain water cascades over boulders in the stream, creating tiered waterfalls right below the Lanna-Balinese-style guest cottages and offers the blissful experiences of close-to-nature living, that will remain a cherished memory for a lifetime. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sukantara Cascade Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sukantara Cascade Resort And Spa
- Sukantara Cascade Hotel Mae Rim
- Sukantara Cascade Resort & Spa Chiang Mai Province, Thailand