This is our second trip to Four Seasons Chang Mai. The staff are second to none, they go out of their way to make you welcome and offer the highest standard of service. Those extra touches make all the difference and justify the price tag ($500 - $1000 a night).
We stayed for one week (6 nights) 3 adults and 1 child in 2 rooms and March is a great time to visit since its the beginning of the quiet season. We decided to come to the four seasons as it was our wedding Anniversary and its such a romantic place to stay, this time however we doubled it up with a family holiday and brought along two more so that they could also experience a great holiday in Thailand.
I have been to some really great resorts around the world including Al Maha in Dubai and Shangrila in Cebu, Philippines, the one and only Royal Mirage etc etc, however we come back to Changmai because it is so special.
Where else do you get Water Buffalo greeting you on arrival, Fresh Jasmine Necklaces, Drinks and Canapes reception on an evening to sample the great food and mix with other guests and management? In our room was a bottle of Champagne, a fresh bunch of Lotus flowers for my wife and all sorts of fresh fruit.
On day 4 of our trip we were transferred and upgraded to a Pool Villa because there was some problems with our room as there were some rather noisy guests having parties below our room. The hotel were really quick to take consideration and took great care of us. The last 2 nights in the pool villa were wonderful.
On the last night unfortunately the resort was hit by a freak hail storm and a very heavy typhoon like wind for approx 25 minutes, it was the worst event in the past 15 years of the resort, sadly many trees were broken down and the resort looked a mess, however very quickly the staff got together and worked really hard to make the place absolutely perfect within about 12 hours, you would never have known.
To top it all off, I was then admitted to hospital on the last night due to terrible pains in my stomach, it was due to Gall stone attack, i stayed in for approximately 10 hours for some tests and pain killers. The resort again took superb care and called the hospital to see how we were, as well as to taxi us to and from the resort. They were so kind, Mr Lubosh the resort manager went out of his way to make us feel settled, there were white roses in the room after I arrived back from the hospital, the hotel arranged a late check out of 6pm and also sent us back to the airport in a beautiful 4 seater VIP transfer coach.
Ok yes we paid a lot of money, but this place is really personalized and with staff such as Mr Lubosh and the rest of the team this place will always draw us back.
On April 1st the resort celebrated 15 years and again put on a reception for guests and other local regulars to celebrate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestling the majestic Mae Rim Valley, Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai features refined local Lanna Kingdom culture and contemporary designer-enriched Pavilions with stunning views of terraced rice fields and misty mountains beyond. Minutes from the historic city of Chiang Mai, the resort is a perfect springboard for discovering the Northern region's most glittering heritage sites and colourful contemporary life. Explore the resort's lush tropical grounds to discover intriguing insights into the exotic local flora and fauna. Tick off atmospheric ancestral shrines, rice fields and beloved water buffaloes. Discover local flavours and original cocktails, especially those created by world-renown mixologist Javier de la Muelas. Add another talent to your repertoire at the resort's acclaimed Thai cooking school and feel the world from different perspectives at The Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai Hotel Mae Rim
- 4 Seasons Resort Chiang Mai
- Four Seasons Chiang Mai
- Four Seasons Thailand
- Chiang Mai Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai Chiang Mai Province, Thailand