This was supposed to be really good fun. We had stayed at the D2 the last time, but as a hotel reviewer, I had to try the Four Seasons as well. And it was horrible, for a hotel of such high standards, and enough money to make it good, it was appalling.
The rooms were old, they were in need of renovation, if you had guest above you, and they were moving, you could hear them. The pathways were very dark at night, and the buggies are dangerous. The TV set is old compared to the D2 which has plasma TVs.
The location is way too far from the city, and the only thing you can do is go Elephant trekking, which you can arrange from downtown as well, so it doesn't matter.
Next time you go to Chiang Mai, and want to spend little money, it's be much better to go to the D2 ...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestling in the majestic Mae Rim Valley, Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai features refined local Lanna Kingdom culture and contemporary designer-enriched Pavilions with stunning views of terraced rice fields and misty mountains beyond. Minutes from the historic city of Chiang Mai, the resort is a perfect springboard for discovering the Northern region's most glittering heritage sites and colourful contemporary life. Explore the resort's lush tropical grounds to discover intriguing insights into the exotic local flora and fauna. Tick off atmospheric ancestral shrines, rice fields and beloved water buffaloes. Discover local flavours and original cocktails, especially those created by world-renown mixologist Javier de la Muelas. Add another talent to your repertoire at the resort's acclaimed Thai cooking school and feel the world from different perspectives at The Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Resort Chiang Mai
- Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai Hotel Mae Rim
- Four Seasons Chiang Mai
- Four Seasons Thailand
- Chiang Mai Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai Chiang Mai Province, Thailand