“Amazing experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Mae Rim
Millbrook, New York
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

I had never stayed at a FS hotel before and this really set the standard. The property is amazing. We had a lovely room overlooking the rice paddy fields. Our first night we decided to have dinner outside in our private pavilion. The staff was so charming - they told us to stay inside while they prepared our dinner. We came out to what I would describe as magical. Rose petals leading to a beautiful table set with candles and roses. Above and beyond all expectations. The food was excellent too!

Beautiful breakfast buffet. Gorgeous pool. Sorry I was not there long enough to use all the facilities. Definitely a ride from Chiang Mai but well worth it. An experience all its own.

Thank you FS for an incredible experience. I hope I will return one day and be able to stay longer.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jeff M, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear Evelyn C,

I am very happy that you were able to stay with us even though it was a short amount of time. Our outdoor salas are a wonderful place to enjoy a romantic dinner and I am glad that you were able to take part in that.

On your next trip you must plan to stay a little longer and really enjoy all of the activities of the resort.

Jeff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

I stayed there mid last year. The location, service, food, warmth of the staff everything is fantastic. On my last night I asked the front office staff about hotels in BKK and To check for me than I went to sleep. Following day when I came through lobby after breakfast they call me and gave me an envelope, when I checked, it was about 15 different hotels near the location I wanted and between the price range with distance. I was very surprised. They did more than what I expected. Staff will never fail to smile and greet you when you pass by. Always ready to help you for anything you may need.
As I am a big fan of thai food I wanted to try from Thailand this time just to see the difference. Trust me I have never taste better green curry than that. The food was mouth watering.
In my personal opinion I think this is a great place for honeymooners and couples.
Huge thanks to the whole team of FS chiang Mai for such an unforgettable experiance. You all are amazing.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Ahmad M,

Thank you very much for your staying with us and also taking the time to give us feedback on your stay. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed you time with us and I hope that you are able to get some yummy Thai food at home to remind you of your trip to this beautiful country. I am also going to pass along your kind comments to our Concierge Desk so that we may recognize the Concierge that assisted you with finding a hotel in Bangkok.

I do hope that we get to welcome you back here soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

I must say that Four Seasons upholds its reputation in this exquisite resort. The kindness of staff, the sense of service but no hassle, the wonderful scenery and taste of details, the flexibility and the delicious catering without mentioning the in-house cooking classes experience. Just so Grand to grasp the beauty of Chiang May. An absolute recommendation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Olivier V,

Thank you for your kind feedback about your stay with us while you were here in Thailand. I am very happy to see that the staff made your trip more enjoyable. The Cooking School is a great experience. Great food and a fun time can be had by all.

I hope you are having a great new year and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

All th best,

New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

If there was an Academy Award handed out to the "Best Hotel Experience" in the entire world, hands down, the Four Seasons Chiang Mai would be the winner! My husband and I have traveled to over 80 countries, staying in 7 star hotels and resorts throughout, but we have placed the Four Seasons Chiang Mai in the #1 spot as the best experience we have ever found in our travel life!! Every single person working at the hotel from concierge, front desk, room service, restaurants, spa, housekeeping, etc., are collectively, the most outstanding staff I have ever had the privilege of encountering. Once ensconced in their care, you are at a loss for words to describe the seamless, professional, kind, genuine and consistent attention you receive from each and every person within the property (thank you Pai, for creating the best itinerary of tours I ever had! You are a treasure!) The hotel itself is beyond stunning and the views from the upper rice terrace pavilion affords the most breathtaking vista that sets the tone of your stay. Each morning you wake to the beautiful rice fields below, before venturing off to one of the best breakfast buffets, nestled in a spectacular, picturesque setting!. If you have only one place to travel to, looking for the experience of a lifetime, this is the spot to chose. You will be guaranteed the most amazing time ever. We cannot wait to return!! A visit to the E.L.E. (Elephant Life Experience) is a MUST!!!

Room Tip: Upper rice terrace pavilion!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear 80Countries,

First, I would likt to thank you for choosing to stay with us on one of your many trips around the world. We know there are a lot of places to visit and we are happy that you came to our little tropical valley. I would laos like to thank you for all the kind feedback that you gave us about your stay. It is nice to see that so many staff members were able to make your visit a nice one.

I will also be very happy to pass along your kind comments to Pai, at our Concierge Desk, to let her know how much you enjoyed your time with us.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to have you back with us here soon.

New York, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

We spent 3 nights at the Four Seasons in Chiang Mai last winter. The property is gorgeous and feels so peaceful (especially after a few days running around Bangkok). The staff was friendly and helpful, and overall, the service was very good. We stayed in a Lanna Pavillion room, which was spacious, modern, clean and very comfortable. The room also had a substantial outdoor area surrounded by the gardens where we enjoyed room service for dinner one night. We only ate at one of the restaurants - Terraces. The food was good, but not great (that being said, we are spoiled when it comes to food living in nyc). The spa was excellent. Try a thai massage if you are into yoga and/or stretching! We also really enjoyed the cooking class - mmm khao soi (a must try in Chiang Mai). If you decide to do it, make sure you wake up early for the trip to the local market - totally worth it.

The only negative is that as others have mentioned, the hotel is about 30-40 min from town. We woke up early one day and spent the whole day and evening in town (temples, shopping, exploring the night markets, dinner) before heading back. The other two days included a trip to one of the elephant camps (a must-do - we went to Elephant Life Experience, but have heard Patara is also great), a quick stop in Tiger Kingdom (touristy, but pretty incredible to get that close to tigers), and relaxing at the hotel (cooking lesson, pool, spa, etc - the cocktails by the pool are fabulous). It totally worked for us, but it really depends on what you want out of your trip. If you anticipate going to town every day, it doesn't really make sense to stay here... but if you also want some relaxation and don't mind a couple car rides, then its the best place to stay in Chiang Mai.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear LG1171,

I wanted to thank you very much for staying with us and giving us this valuable feedback about your stay. I am glad to see that the resort and its peaceful setting was just what you needed after a trip to Bangkok. It is also nice to see that you took part in so many of the activities that are around the Mae Rim area.

I also wanted to thank you for the feedback on things that we can do to improve our future guest stay. It is very important that we do have this information so that we can make adjustments where we need to.

Thank you again and I hope to see you again soon in Chiang Mai.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

We visited in Nov. 2013, and had a wonderful experience. It is expensive, but worth the money. The pool areas are awesome. We got to meet the resident water buffalos. Staff were very friendly and accommodating, letting us check-in early and check-out late. We used the bicycles, pool, and steam rooms. All were great.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear LadyLawNYC,

Thank you for staying with us during your trip to Thailand and letting us know about your experience. I am very happy to see that you were able to enjoy so many of the activities that we have around the resort. I do hope that you will be able to return to see us and Tong & Tune (Our Resident Water Buffalos) again in the future.

Vancouver, BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

During our recent trip to Chiang Mai I decided to treat my partner to a night a the hotel for his 50th birthday. It is truly an oasis. The attention to detail in the design, maintenance, staffing is absolutely first class. On arrival Kwan at reception was so welcoming and gracious (and continued to be during our stay). The dining was exceptional. We attended a buffet Thai dinner - delicious!! Thank you Dee for being so attentive at lunch and dinner. The cocktail party reception was something we have never had at any other hotel! It was an excellent opportunity to meet staff and management and other guests. We really enjoyed walking around the resort - looking at the rice ponds, gardens, art, flowers...our cameras were busy. We were very sad when it was time to leave.
One little criticism - charging extra for high speed internet. It's free everywhere else - even in cheap hotels which this is not. Slow internet is free but it is like dial-up....

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Jeff M, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear DeanoVancouver,

I wanted to write and thank you very much for staying with us on your recent trip to Chiang Mai. I am happy to see that Kwan & Dee both took very good care of you in both of their respective areas. I hope that you have been able to share all of the great pictures that you took while you were here with all of your friends and family.

I also wanted to thank you for your feedback on the internet in the resort. We are always looking to improve our service in the resort and will be looking into this matter.

I know you brought your partner here for his birthday and we hope to see you back for yours on the next trip to Chiang Mai.

All the best and Happy New Year!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mae Rim
The Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai
The Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai
#2 of 374 in Chiang Mai
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,280 reviews

Been to Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai? Share your experiences!