“Outstanding experience... Just like a dream!”

Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Mae Rim
“Outstanding experience... Just like a dream!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

I believe this is a must do for anyone visiting Thailand ! If you are planning on visiting Chiang Mai this should be your only option. The hotel's staff is kind, friendly and profesional ( the best we had in 18 days of traveling in this part of Asia). The rice fields and torches light up beautifully at dusk, taking you back in time. You are really submerged in the rural thai experience while being pampered to the highest levels by their dedicated staff.
We were celebrating our honeymoon an the amount of special details were countless. I highly recommend the private dinner on the rice fields.
Warning: the spa experience will ruin all spa experiences for the rest of your trip... Nothing will beat this ... !!! We saved here and there in our trip in order to experience this hotel and it was absolutely worth it ! I suggest you do the same, you will not regret it!!

• Stayed July 2013
Jeff M, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Good Morning FranPV,

Congratulations again on your wedding! We were so happy to have you here with us on your Honeymoon and I am glad to see that you enjoyed the resort and staff so much. I do hope that we get to see you again on one of your Anniversary trips in the future so we can spoil you again!

Jeff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sydney
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is a brilliant resort that transports guests to an alternate Thai reality. Set amid rice paddies, around a central lake, the overall resort design and exceptional gardens were the highlight for us. The food, restaurants, pool are and spa were also excellent, while I'd have to say the staff were the best-trained and professional of any we have dealt with in Thailand and, despite the high cost, considered the whole experience to be value for money.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear TruMarc,

I would like to first thank you very much for staying with us on your trip to Chiang Mai. I am happy to see that you loved the relaxing atmosphere that the resort has to offer. Thank you as well for your kind comments about our staff here in the resort. I hope that we one day get to have you back with us on your next trip to Chiang Mai.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I stayed with my wife at this hotel over Christmas. For us it was a fantastic stay, although we were running about most of the time and did not actually "rest" in this resort. 4 nights and 1/2 an hour by the pool!!!!! I really liked the way room service came and transformed the table in our room into a five star dining experience. I should have videoed the way the transformation took place. The room was really nice and we just could not get out of the bath tub. It was large and retained the heat and was really relaxing after a long day out. I also liked the little touch of a multi point power adapter to fix all those telephone/pc/etc chargers that are an essential part of moden life.
The staff were really fine (except for one-who I would not say was bad, just needs a little training. (i.e. it was not too pleasant for my wife when the pool guard questioned her - because she is dark skinned-but was quite happy to let me go freely - white skinned). I know he was only doing his job, but his approach could have been better finessed.
However, following on from the previous reveiwer, the only thing that let down the standard was the breakfast. It did not seem to be as varied with choice as I would have expected. Somewhat limited even though the location is great overlooking the rice fields. Other Thai hotels we stayed in seemed to offer a better selection/variety and these were hotels that are not the same quality as a four season (so 3/5 for breakfast, based on expectations)
But I will still give this hotel 5/5 and based on the guests (and deputy manager) suggestions we will be "camping" at the four seasons in Chaing Rai this comming New Year.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Paul N,

Thank you so very much for choosing to stay with us during your last visit to Thailand. I am glad to see that you did enjoy many aspects of the resort and will be going to our "Tented Camp" in the future. You will love it! I also wanted to thank you regarding your feedback on our breakfast selections and an interaction that your wife had with a staff member. We are always looking to improve ourselves and this feedback is important to us. I hope that we will be able to see you back in Chiang Mai in the future.

Kunming, China
Reviewed June 4, 2013

The room was very comfortable very warm.Room service quick and clean.Great place with beautiful environment.
A beautiful place.Very good service.Do you have food.Desirable place.Clean place!I will come again.Thank you very much for your service.Real five-star service.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear vivi zhao v,

I am so happy to see that you had a nice stay with us in Thailand and you will return to us in the future. Thank you for the nice wods for our staff and our resort. We truly appreciate you staying with us.

london uk
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I stayed at Four Seasons May 27/30 2013 villa number 0804

During my stay I found it very pleasant lovely with a lovely setting and the staff friend and helpful

The villa was comfortable clean with a outdoor salsa with a sofa with a spectacular view of both the mountains paddy field

Also I did eat in both the Thai and Italian restaurants and the food was good/excellent and good service

In the grounds 2 lovely swimming pools and lots of trees green foliage large paddy field with small ponds/lakes and the grounds were well maintained and too nice to walk around

One draw back on my second night I was waken by loud music between 2/4 am in the early morning which was a bit tiresome

Getting to the resort
The resort limo cost 2800 BHT so at the airport I pick up a taxi, which only cost 560 BHT
Getting to the airport from the resort I paid 700 BHT++ and I was upgraded to a hotel Limo so that was a welcome surprise

I have now been luckily enough to have stayed at Both The Four Seasons Resort/ Mandarin Oriental Dhara Devi
Both hotels are all wonderful to stay in but making a choice is really down to your preference

Helpful hints
Mandarin Oriental Dhara Devi
Closer to Chiang Mai
Lovely oriental Lanna architecture a feeling of staying in a palace with lovely grounds excellent service restaurants with some exceptional villas with a larger bathroom with a Jacuzzi bath
But one does not get views of mountains and rural environment
Well that maybe your referred hotel

The Four Seasons Resort
Richer rural jungle environment great views of the mountains therefore a lovely location
Excellent service/restaurants lovely staff
There again really it’s your preference to what you are seeking

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank harry125
Dear harry125,

Thank you very much for staying with us on your trip to Thailand. As you pointed out you come to Chiang Mai often and we are happy that you choose to stay with us this time. I am very happy to see that you enjoyed the peace and relaxation of the resort. Thank you very much for the kind comments about our staff as well. I hope we get to see you again on your next trip to Chiang Mai.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

We spent 4 nights in a luxury pool villa and it was complete serene. From the service e received the minute we were on property to the moment we left was....... Simply pure elegance. We enjoyed several meals and had a wonderful evening at the spa. The transportation(free) to the city center was great. Cat wait to return but feel like more than seven days of paradise in the next visit. Thank you for such wonderful hospitality and beautiful accommodations.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Chantel H,

I am so happy that you enjoyed your time with us on your trip to Thailand! I am glad to see that you enjoyed so many aspects of the resort. The Pool Vilas are suites that help you just getaway from it all. I do hope we get to see you again very soon here in Chiang Mai!

Jakarta
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

Was pretty jaded with Thailand until staying at this place in April. Stayed for a few days in a pool view room. Very difficult to find something that was not excellent. Standing out from the overall excellence is that warmth of the staff.Only issue for some is that it is a bit out of town. While it is not cheap I think that this hotel is simply the best.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear IndoOne,

Thank you for your kind words to us about or resort and our staff. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your time with us. I do hope that you will be able to return to us very soon on your next trip to Thailand.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mae Rim
Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel & Spa
The Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai
The Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai
#2 of 383 in Chiang Mai

Been to Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai? Share your experiences!