“The best spot en Chiang Mai”

Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Mae Rim
Reviewed January 7, 2013

It is the best four seasons I have ever seen. The property is amazing, great service, beautiful landscape and you cant miss the spa. The manager was on top of our reservation and the staff were attentive to help us with any need.

It is definitely worth the price.

Room Tip: The new villas with private pool.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Jeff M, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

Dear Vanessa294074,

Thank you so much for staying with us on your recent trip to Chiang Mai. I am very happy to see that you enjoyed the resort and especially the Spa! We hope to have you back with us very soon.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Just enjoying our last day after having been here for one week including New Year's Eve. Some general comments first: the ressort is a beauty in terms of nature. The rice terraces, the lake in the middle and the flowers are just great and contribute a lot to the relaxing atmosphere. It just could be a little bit bigger. That is a very personal impression, of course, others might praise the cozyness of the place, however, I was expecting a bit more openess. But even when fully booked during the last couple of days it was never really crowded. Bigger villas have their private pools and room service is not charged extra (there is a 10% service charge on everything anyway).
Thai and Italien restaurants are both excellent! Breakfast is great as well with a huge selection of different kinds of food to please the international guests. Pool service is superb (thanks to the efforts of Kot to be precise who just refilled again my complimentary iced water). Bottled water is also for free in the rooms and there is plenty of it. Rooms are clean but timing of room service could be improved. Wouldn't it be an idea to link the information from breakfast reception or pool bar where you have to state your room number with the maids to let them know that rooms would be free for cleaning?
We are having a Lanna villa which is unfortunately not big enough to have our 16year old sleeping in a separate room. But a two bed villa is 4-times the price! So you either come as a couple or with a bigger family or you are just seriously rich and do not care about money anyway :-)
Prices in the ressort OK but it is not a bargain. We were once in Chiang Mai city in an excellent Thai restaurant recommended by the concierge (who is, by the way, also very helpful in all various matters) and it was about 1/3 of the average tap in the hotel. Hotel is also providing a shuttle bus to the city (30-45 min) but you don't miss much if staying in the hotel.
We were playing golf twice and do strongly recommend the Highland Golf Ressort. It is a one hour drive (they pick you up from the hotel for a reasonable fee of THB 2600 roundtrip) over bad roads but it is worth it. The closer by Summit Golf Course is cheaper but very, very busy and not a nice course anyway.
Finally, all the staff is very friendly and helpful, the understanding of English varies but in the end you'll get what you've asked for. Supposingly, we won't come back as we have now seen this part of the world but we'll keep good memories, especially to the great party on Dec 31 with an awesome dinner, a lot of great drinks and the opportunity to send one of those laterns into the sky.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank msspiderman

Dear msspinderman,

I would like to first thank you very much for staying with us during the New Year Holiday season. I am very happy to see that you and your family enjoyed the resort and also many activities outside as well. Your feedback in areas is also most helpful and noted. I do hope that you will stay with us again if your travels ever bring you back to this region of the world.

Thank you very much!

Reviewed December 29, 2012

We did not stay at the Four Seasons but like during our previous visit to Chiang Mai, we patronised their Thai restuarant twice once for dinner and once for lunch. The food is as always very nice including at lunch when a buffet is on offer and in spite of this the food is feshly prepared and dished out on the buffet table. The setting is lovely overloooking the resort grounds which are magnificent.
A must try whilst in Chiang Mai even if you do not stay there!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Jeff M, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

Dear TequilaPepita,

I am so happy you were able to come to our resort and enjoy Sala Mae Rim again! I hope that in the future you will also decide to say with us at the resort to enjoy everything else we have to offer. Wishing you a Happy New Year!!

Reviewed December 20, 2012

This latest visit in Dec 2012 was our fourth stay at Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai and the entire experience was delightful as we've found before. The ambiance of the entire resort is very relaxing. The service, on the whole, is impeccable. The guest room (pool villa) is beautiful and very private. The food is first class as you would expect it to be. The in-house facilities are appropriate for this type and size of resort.
We look forward to returning soon for a fifth stay.

Room Tip: Pool Villa's are expensive but very comfortable, private and set away from the main part of the...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Jeff M, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2012

Dear TikkaKobiNemo,

I wanted to reach out and thank you for your continued support of the Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai. I am so happy to see that you are still enjoying all the resort has to offer after so many visits with us! I do hope that we can keep this as a tradition and will see you back very soon. Wishing you and your fmaily a Happy Holiday season!

Reviewed December 19, 2012

My wife, two kids and I truly enjoyed our stay at the Four Seasons in Chiang Mai. Eveything was perfect! What made it truly memorable is how we were welcomed by your very courteous staff, especially Taew.
We came with our son's teacher who was booked at a hotel near the Four Seasons. After my family had checked in, she assisted us in checking our teacher into her hotel and really went out of her way to accompany us there! Unbelievable!
We've traveled the world and have been to many similar places but never have experienced this kind of unparalleled service!
Thank you Taew and thank you everyone at the Four Seasons Chiang Mai!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear TGK2012,

Thank you very much for coming and spending your family vacation with us here in Chiang Mai! I was so happy to see that you enjoyed your time with us! I am especially happy to see how Taew, at our Front Desk, looked after you during your arrival. I would be pleased to pass along your kind words to her!
I do hope that we get to welcome you back to Chiang Mai in the future!! Happy Holidays!

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Stayed at the Four Seasons Chiang Mai in December 2012. I didn't quite know what to expect as my idea of resort usually doesn't involve being built around a rice paddy but the design, layout, calm atmosphere and wonderful staff bring this place to perfection. The staff was very helpful in suggesting things for us to do, you can even bike to the nearby Tiger Kingdom on their complimentary bikes from the fitness center which is a fun way to see the area. Highly suggest staying in a pool villa - very private and quiet. However even the main pool was very quiet, calm and relaxing. The dining options on sight, particularly the fabulous breakfast buffet, were great and the multi-course "Sala" dining option was by the far the best in-room dining experience I have ever had. If you are going to Thailand definitely do not pass this place up, I cannot wait to return here!

Room Tip: Suggest a Pool Villa, makes you feel like you are in your own private jungle.

Dear MJM1234,

Thank you so much for staying with us on your recent trip to Chiang Mai! I am so happy to see that you enjoyed the activities and relaxed atmosphere of the resort. I have to say that I find it very tranquil as well. I hope that we will see you back very soon in Chiang Mai! Wishing you and your family a very Happy New Year!

Reviewed December 19, 2012

I would just like to start by saying that I'm just a normal hard working bloke from the UK who wanted a really special honeymoon & saved really hard.I'm no high roller that travels in private jets & is used to paying £1000's for hotel rooms. So paying £600 a night for a pool villa is a major expense to me.
Wow, it was worth double that & I would have gladly paid it & with the rest of the hotel grounds & facilities, this place is entry level paradise.
The pool villas are massive, with own private pool, jacuzzi & outdoor patio & dining area. The inside has a bed & seating area, with massive bathroom with sunken bath & outside rain shower.
The service at this hotel is beyond belief. All the staff know your names within hours of your arrival. Because we got married just before this trip, my wife had to use her maiden name as per her passport. I mentioned to one member of staff we were married & as if my magic, she was addressed as her married name for the rest of our stay by every member of staff we met.
We visited the main pool on our 1st day & within 5 minutes, I was being sprayed with cooled Evian spray & somebody was polishing my sun glasses.
The breakfast is the best I have ever had in a hotel with absolutely everything you can possible desire & the view from the patio over the paddy fields is simply breathtaking.
I could repeat other people's reviews about how great everything is, but lets just say, in my opinion, this must be one of the best hotels in the world & I feel privileged to have spent 3 nights here. I have reviewed the amazing spa & the private rice barn dining separately & they are equally magical.
I've read reviews about the pool villas where people have complained about having to open two doors to get in or having to walk on pebbles by their pool which hurts their feet. Well their lives must be a one of significant privilege, because they are beyond heaven.
With a heavy heart I left this place today & will be working so hard bak in the UK to repeat this dream in the future.
Thanks to everybody at FS for making my honeymoon so special.

5  Thank Leedsaway67

Dear Chris H,

Thank you so much for staying with us on your recent visit to Chiang Mai! I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us! I will be delighted to share all of your kind words with our team here. I do hope we get to have you back at the Four Seasons Chiang Mai soon and you have a Happy New Year!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mae Rim
Le Meridien Chiang Mai
Le Meridien Chiang Mai
#20 of 392 in Chiang Mai
Panviman Chiang Mai Spa Resort

Been to Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai? Share your experiences!