“Unbelievable experience.”

Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Mae Rim
Houston, Texas
“Unbelievable experience.”
Reviewed September 22, 2011

I have a ton of pictures of this hotel, none of which do it justice. The grounds are so beautiful, so well established, they rival anything I have ever seen. Ancient tress seem to grow out of everywhere. The colors and flowers are insane. Staff was hands down, the best I have ever encountered in my life. Upper Rice Terraces get you the best views. During my stay, I had a couple of, "Whoh, where am I" moments. It was that special. The atmosphere was free of stuffiness too, something I love in this caliber of hotel. If you're visiting Chiag Mai, try to stay here for few nights. It'll cap off your trip perfectly.

Room Tip: Upper rice terraces have extraordinary views.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank seiryu79

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Stayed in Upper Rice Terrace Pavilion for 4 days 3 nights from 11/9 to 14/9. We love the environment and the landscape very much. The view from the hotel room was beautiful. But the pillows provided were too soft and not up to standard, it affects our sleeping quality. We requested for change but the replacement was about the same.
The massage was good but the price a bit too pricey.
The foods provided by the Thai restaurant were very tasty - breakfast, lunch & dinner all very good.
It would be cheaper to book a taxi to travel around (about 1200-1300 baht for whole day) than to join those tours organised by the hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank CKP02
Alor Setar, Kedah, Malaysia
Reviewed September 12, 2011

The reason why I did not give Four Seasons Chiang Mai an excellent rating is not that they are not good. In fact they are very very good and I could not find fualt about them. The landscape designed by Bill Bensely is fanstatic. The paddy field is the centre piece of the whole resort and the reason why we are there. My last count show that at least 33 local people are been employed to man the paddy field and the landscape plus the two buffalos, which is so cute looking at least for me.

The Thai food is ok. Cannt complain much for a 5 stars resort with fresh material, but it still lack the kick. The pizza is not too bad as well and my kids love it. The pool is always warm and i was told you could swim anytime u like. Since our stay is during raining season, so we could have the whole place for us. My favourite spot should be the sala attached to our room. It is so relaxing sitting at the day bed in the sala doing nothing and enjoy the landscape and listern to the sound of the stream. Our most memorable dinner shoud be the private reserved romantic dinner at the rice barn, with candle, lantern, live thai muzic and the food is not too bad.

Thank god they have a fantastic kids club to take care of my two sons and they are free. I would recommend family with children to send their kids to the kids club so that you could unwind or go to the spa.

Overall i love the environment, the landscape, the green and the paddy field. The team at Four Seasons Chiang Mai is doing a great job to make our stay a memorable one. Maybe the rainning season spoil some of our outing and that ruin our mood but it is not the resort's fault. I remember the RM of the resort ask me what he could do for me. I told him weather he could stop the rain. I cannt find fault with them although I personally feel that it lack somethings that I could not describe and we had visited many Four Seasons Hotel in this part of the world and they never fail us.

Room Tip: Pick the rooms that is facing the paddy field. For guest with kids, pick the lower groud floor since...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Hong Kong
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed at the 3 bedrooms Penthouse Residence with a housekeeper who prepared breakfast for us everyday other than doing the housekeeping work. She even cooked some tradional Thai dishes which tasted so good. She is fantastic.

The Resort is huge surrounded by tropical trees, plants, rice fields and the hotel service is excellent. It was not peak season and so there were not many guests. The swimming pool is very nice facing the rice field. We tried the Italian and Thai restaurants. Both were very very good. The evening view of the swimming pool is so romantic.

The hotel has shuttle bus to town though it is located in suberb area. It is not that convenient. You can also book taxi in advance. We hired a taxi for one day taking us to golf club, temple on mountain, airport shopping mall, for lunch and dinner and back to hotel for only 1,200 baht
per day!

I highly recommend the Four Seasons Resort for couples, family and friends!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank ALauHongKong
calabasas
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Beautiful property with a wonderful staff. The rooms were spacious, clean and calming and the staff couldn't be more accommodating.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
New York, NY
Reviewed September 7, 2011

We stayed here for the second week of our honeymoon and were not disappointed! The service is amazing, as you'd expect from the Four Seasons. The grounds are absolutely beautiful, cooking school was awesome and the private dinner in the Rice Barn is highly recommended. They do charge for WiFi which is a bit annoying, but it was quite reliable and worked just fine. It's rather far from downtown Chiang Mai but the free shuttle service is a very useful. Definitely worth staying here!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank leefrog99
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 7, 2011

Very expensive and too far out of the way. Service was OK. Never met the manager despite asking.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank NickRossi
TitiyaChooto, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
Dear Mr. Rossi,

I am very sorry to note that you were disappointed with your stay at Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai. In order for us to improve and maintain the standard level of our guest services, I would appreciate if you can provide me with more details of your stay such as dates and room number so I can investigate into what happened,or rather not happened. I can be reached at the e-mail address below and shall look forward to hearing from you. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the disappointment you experienced.

Yours sincerely,

The Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai
The Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai
#2 of 380 in Chiang Mai
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,319 reviews

Been to Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai? Share your experiences!