“A fantastic day - highly recommend”

Eagle Track Zipline
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Eagle Track Zipline established in 2010, we set out with the aim of creating a ECO friendly jungle zipline course for the enjoyment of tourists and to support the local community as well as helping conserve the surrounding jungle for future generations. Our zipline adventure is situated 40 minute from the center of Chiang Mai city. Situated between three jungle hill tribe villages in a beautiful hillside valley, with the river Maeram running through the middle of this fertile land leading to two waterfalls, which you are free to visit and relax in. Eagle track Zipline started the zipline project with full agreement from the local Hmong and Karen communities, who once cultivated popies in the area until it came under the royal project scheme after a visit from HM the King of Thailand in 1972, They then changed to alternative crops of brown rice, maize, egg plants, soy beans etc. Eagle Track Zipline is a community based tourism operator. Our zipline ECO adventure is operated in a co-operative manner with the etho-Eco agricultural livelihood conservation group in Bann Wang Hang, Maeram. We employ local villagers and put them through courses to be trained as professional guides, they have been fully trained in safety and advanced first aid, as well as speaking a variety of languages, they are friendly helpful and happy to answer any questions you have. This year we are planning on planting 2000+ tree seedling to help in areas where there has been deforestation. We also supply accommodation and meals for local people working at Eagle Track Zipline, as well as other community based ventures. Without you our customers none of this would be possible. Many thanks from Eagle Track Zipline team.
Reviewed April 10, 2013

8 of us (3 adults and 5 children) did the silver package and it was just brilliant from start to finish. The staff were amazing - kind, funny and prone to a bit of rope wobbling but that just added to the fun. The scenery was beautiful, it was lovely to be high up in the trees, swinging across paddy fields. We had a lovely lunch which was included and we all wished it had lasted all day.
On the way back, my husband's phone fell out of his pocket and dropped to the floor of the van; they kindly returned it to our hotel which was very kind but left before we realised and could say thank you. SO, to you all at Eagle Track: a big thank you for everything!
If there had been a tip box, we would have left a tip; at the end of the ropes course, the guides went off to look after the next group and it would have been nice to have left a tip which they could have all benefitted from.
Hard to beat this for a day out!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,534)

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Very beautiful scenery and so much fun with the zipline. The staff were very nice and took care well of us. The price is reasonable. They also provide lunch and waterfall trip which was very nice.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

My husband and adult daughter and I did the silver package. It was a great experience overall.

We were picked up within the timeframe, and all the staff were very friendly and knowledgeable. We felt very safe and the equipment seemed very good. You were always secured by two tethers.

The whole thing takes 4-5 hours from pick up to drop off.

I was a bit afraid of the abseils, so I asked them to drop me slowly, which they did. However, by the third one, I was willing to go a bit faster. I found the hanging bridges a bit nerve wracking, as I have some fear of heights. But I made it across both just fine.

We had never zip lined before and this was a terrific experience. The setting and views are amazing. The lunch was good too--Thai food but not spicey. I highly recommend this company.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Date of visit: 11/03/13

There are a lot of Zipline Parks near Chiang Mai and I can't tell you if Eagle Track is the best or not.

But what I can tell is I had a great and funny moment there... The staff is nice and there are lots of ziplines.

It's very very safe, the gear is good quality and 2 members of the staff are with you all along the track. Unfortunately, it's the dry season in March so the landscape is not as much as charming as it could be on December for instance but you can't help :o

Only one regret, they are a little bit in a rush once it begins...

Hope it helps

Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Simply a great day. A little bit of waiting whilst others in your team have their go, but simply great.

The best part for me though was when I was about to record myself on one of the zip lines, a worker asked if he could record me, he used my phone and came down the second cable behind me.

Just made a pleasant change from the usual trying to make more money attitude, I got a free video!

Great day!