“Great experience”

Eagle Track Zipline
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Eagle Track Zipline established in 2010, we set out with the aim of creating a ECO friendly jungle zipline course for the enjoyment of tourists and to support the local community as well as helping conserve the surrounding jungle for future generations. Our zipline adventure is situated 40 minute from the center of Chiang Mai city. Situated between three jungle hill tribe villages in a beautiful hillside valley, with the river Maeram running through the middle of this fertile land leading to two waterfalls, which you are free to visit and relax in. Eagle track Zipline started the zipline project with full agreement from the local Hmong and Karen communities, who once cultivated popies in the area until it came under the royal project scheme after a visit from HM the King of Thailand in 1972, They then changed to alternative crops of brown rice, maize, egg plants, soy beans etc. Eagle Track Zipline is a community based tourism operator. Our zipline ECO adventure is operated in a co-operative manner with the etho-Eco agricultural livelihood conservation group in Bann Wang Hang, Maeram. We employ local villagers and put them through courses to be trained as professional guides, they have been fully trained in safety and advanced first aid, as well as speaking a variety of languages, they are friendly helpful and happy to answer any questions you have. This year we are planning on planting 2000+ tree seedling to help in areas where there has been deforestation. We also supply accommodation and meals for local people working at Eagle Track Zipline, as well as other community based ventures. Without you our customers none of this would be possible. Many thanks from Eagle Track Zipline team.
Molndal, Sweden
“Great experience”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Took the silver route, which was a good value for the fee. Excellent guides that made the most of the ziplines and descents. A morning tour is recommended, to avoid the heat of the afternoon. Any concerns of using a shared helmet is handled through a clean new buff, included in the fee.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Hanoi, Vietnam
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great place - felt very safe - great equip and guides!”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

This place was top notch - the van was AC and comfortable and rear seats even extend back so you can nap on the return (it's tiring). They are very safe and great with young kids - we had a 5 year old in our group who loved it! I was scared out of my mind and they managed to get me through it anyway. Their gear is top of the line and they provide doo rags for your head so you have omething between you and your borrowed helmet. You get to keep the rag for a souvenir. The bronze package is about one hour 20 minutes - everything else is longer although that was plenty for me - it was really fun!

Visited February 2013
toronto
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Love ziplines”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

While staying in Chiang Mai we decided to try ziplines. There are many zipline companies. We decided on this one because we liked the way the brochure looked and what it explained. We picked the bronze package which was the shortest costing 1600 baht. I am afraid to heights so I was worried it would be too much for me.

We decided to go in the morning which was the best time to go. It was cooler, quieter and almost no bugs. The staff was really really friendly and professional. At first glance they look like a bunch of over tanned hippies who would be goofy and too relaxed but that is the opposite of what we had. The far exceeded my expectations.

For someone like me who is afraid of heights, I was surprisingly the first to go on the ziplines. I think I was so confident because they took their security and safety briefing really seriously. I felt safe with these guys. I think that there were about 8 of us in our group and we had 3-4 guides. I felt really safe.

The ziplies were great. So fun. So beautiful to be in the trees. There was one part that almost made me want to throw up, abseiling descent. We got to this high platform and needed to get down to a lower level. So, naturally, I thought that we would climb down stairs BUT NO. We actually had to repel off of a platform. I was soooooo scared. I almost froze. One of the guides reassured me that he would let me down slowly and he did. He also drop me a 2 twice so I could have a little fun. I am glad that he did that. I felt really safe. I shouldn't have been so scared but jumping off a platform is not something I do every day.

I think that we wanted to keep going on the other ziplines. We could have continued and then paid the rest at the counter before leaving but we wanted to end on a high note. I would recommend doing the gold package which is the longest one because I think it is worth it especially if you love ziplines.

Would I book with this company again, yes. They were professional and very safe. They provide a simple but adequate lunch. You also get a souvenir and lots of bottled water.

Enjoy

Hong Kong, China
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Fantastic”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We were anticipating using a different tour company, but found this through our hotel in Chiang Mai. Glad we did! Fantastic guides made it more memorable. Short or long course available and our children new right away they wanted to go the distance. We were part of a training team for new guides and they were great. They were fun, enthusiastic and playful with the kids. Was never concerned about safety as they always worked together to ensure everything was attached correctly. We had no worries and just enjoyed the ride! Yummy lunch and free Tshirts at the end, all included.

Visited December 2012
Geelong, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“THRILLS AND LAUGHS”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

What a fantastic experience. We were all a bit nervous to start with but the guys soon put us at ease with a great emphasis on safety and their sense of humour. We did the silver package which included about 9 ziplines and 3 abseiling descents. Well worth the 1900 baht. Staff very friendly and a lovely lunch provided at no extra cost. Sonny and Jonny were our guides and they had great fun with my kids(aged 19-24). We recommend this tour even though we haven't got another to compare it too, we wouldn't bother looking anywhere else. JUST GO AND HAVE FUN! Great jungle location. Only took about 40 mins to get there from centre of town.