All reviewshome staythai foodvacation experiencechiang maievery cornerluxury hotelthai silkunique experiencefour seasons hotelnoodlesjerryhowiesaddycookingbeautyasiapavilions
Reviewed August 7, 2017

We stayed 2 nights for our honeymoon with Howie and his lovely wife Jerri. We had the whole place to ourselves and the photos don't do it justice.

Actually staying at Howie's is the only way you can really appreciate what a work of art and labour of love it is. Howie and Jerri spent 7 years to realise their vision and it has to be seen to be believed. On one evening the clouds blanketed the mountains and the lights across the property were raised and all the unique features come to life like a fairyland. Ask Howie about his lighting system!

Believe it when you read it - on both evenings we were treated to between 7-10 dishes for dinner which allowed us to sample many different local dishes that you would never find on a restaurant menu nor as many choices at once.

We highly recommend Howie, Jerri and their amazing place. Before you go make sure you check out the video on Youtube where Howie explains the time, effort and attention to detail you will experience. When you read this, stay, meet and speak with Jerri and Howie, it is clear the passion behind this amazing place.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MoochiHomer
Reviewed March 30, 2017

Howie's HomeStay is a little slice of paradise! The unique experience Howie and Jerri create is unparalleled and exceeds all imaginable expectations. Howie promised no stress, easy planning of our days, an education in relaxation and outstanding food ... and delivered on all counts! Jerri is the Queen of the Thai kitchen -- it just doesn't get any better! To imbibe the sheer beauty and peacefulness of this home every day was a luxury I will miss and will always remember. Our outings with Addie, the private guide, were exceptional. Our only regret is not staying longer (we stayed 5 nights).
Happy 100 Howie!!

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ldr324
Reviewed March 24, 2017 via mobile

It's now four weeks ago that we - my best friend and me - came back from Chiang Mai where we have been at Howies Homestay- and since then I'm thinking every day at Howie and Jerri and how to be able to describe this magnificent place and these so special persons - for me it was a lifetime dream to go to Howies Homestay and I was a little afraid to be disappointed after having read all those brilliant reviews- but it was even better than any review- I'm not able to tell you the beauty of the place - the garden, the colors, the passion, the buildings - I spent hours taking photos of every detail and every day I discovered new ones - I'm not able to explain - you have to live it - how explain the kindness and the fun and the laughs we had with Howie - you have to know him on your own - how describe Jerri his 2000 volts wife - her gorgeous dishes - the heart she puts in the presentation and preparation - the little things she puts in the rooms to make you feel special - the flowers she decorates - her smile when she heard our - mhmm and wonderful and gorgeous and divine exclamation for her thai food- you are not able to describe you have to taste and feel it on your own. In a moment that I was floating all alone in the incredible pool I was thinking- oh my god how blessed am I to have the opportunity to be in this place! And with this sentence all is said - thank you Howie and Jerri - you are wonderful

Stayed: February 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 17, 2017

Should someone plan a trip to Thailand especially to Chiang Mai and intend to stay at a five star hotel I can strongly recommend to choose Howie's HomeStay.
It is a truly unique experience one should try out.

The villa and the property where we were the only guests is beautifully built with gorgeous design.
We slept in one of the guest houses with amazing interior. Bathroom comes with floor to ceiling glass windows with view on the garden.

Delicious dinner is prepared by Howie's wife Jerri every evening.
Five-six course complete menu, home made thai cuisine prepared in very high quality manner.
You simply can not have this in any restaurant you would go to. Amazing food...

Howie and his guide Addy offer their services throughout the stay to arrange programs on request.

The whole concept is different from just staying at a luxury hotel in a very positive way.
Howie is a great host, if you choose this place it will surely be a memorable holiday.

Stayed for 4 nights travelled as a couple.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2017

My husband and I stayed at Howie's in January 2017 on our honeymoon and the experience definitely lived up to all the reviews. The place is even more amazing than the pictures. The staff is so nice. Jerri's food was incredible. The pool and grounds were so out of this world, we barely left Howie's for the entire two days we were there.

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled as a couple