All reviews home stay thai food vacation experience chiang mai every corner thai silk unique experience four seasons hotel noodles jerry howies cooking luxury beauty property asia pavilions
Reviewed March 24, 2017 via mobile

It's now four weeks ago that we - my best friend and me - came back from Chiang Mai where we have been at Howies Homestay- and since then I'm thinking every day at Howie and Jerri and how to be able to describe this magnificent place and these so special persons - for me it was a lifetime dream to go to Howies Homestay and I was a little afraid to be disappointed after having read all those brilliant reviews- but it was even better than any review- I'm not able to tell you the beauty of the place - the garden, the colors, the passion, the buildings - I spent hours taking photos of every detail and every day I discovered new ones - I'm not able to explain - you have to live it - how explain the kindness and the fun and the laughs we had with Howie - you have to know him on your own - how describe Jerri his 2000 volts wife - her gorgeous dishes - the heart she puts in the presentation and preparation - the little things she puts in the rooms to make you feel special - the flowers she decorates - her smile when she heard our - mhmm and wonderful and gorgeous and divine exclamation for her thai food- you are not able to describe you have to taste and feel it on your own. In a moment that I was floating all alone in the incredible pool I was thinking- oh my god how blessed am I to have the opportunity to be in this place! And with this sentence all is said - thank you Howie and Jerri - you are wonderful

Stayed: February 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 17, 2017

Should someone plan a trip to Thailand especially to Chiang Mai and intend to stay at a five star hotel I can strongly recommend to choose Howie's HomeStay.
It is a truly unique experience one should try out.

The villa and the property where we were the only guests is beautifully built with gorgeous design.
We slept in one of the guest houses with amazing interior. Bathroom comes with floor to ceiling glass windows with view on the garden.

Delicious dinner is prepared by Howie's wife Jerri every evening.
Five-six course complete menu, home made thai cuisine prepared in very high quality manner.
You simply can not have this in any restaurant you would go to. Amazing food...

Howie and his guide Addy offer their services throughout the stay to arrange programs on request.

The whole concept is different from just staying at a luxury hotel in a very positive way.
Howie is a great host, if you choose this place it will surely be a memorable holiday.

Stayed for 4 nights travelled as a couple.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2017

My husband and I stayed at Howie's in January 2017 on our honeymoon and the experience definitely lived up to all the reviews. The place is even more amazing than the pictures. The staff is so nice. Jerri's food was incredible. The pool and grounds were so out of this world, we barely left Howie's for the entire two days we were there.

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sbanjo
Reviewed February 10, 2017 via mobile

We came to Howie's to celebrate my wife's 67th birthday. We expected to have a very good time but we never expected to have one of the greatest experiences of our life. The property is one of the finest homes we have ever seen in our life. We have traveled all over the world and stayed at many five and six star hotels and resorts. This is absolutely in our top five. The property is incredible. It took seven years for him to build and you can see the love he had for building this. Howie is a fabulous host. His wife Jerri does all the cooking. Not only is she a great chef, she is also a wonderful person.Some of the best Thai food we have ever eaten. They put on an absolutely beautiful birthday party for my wife. They even launched hot air lanterns at the end of the party. We were treated like family and our every need was catered to. If you are in Thailand you have to come here if you want a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Are only regret is that we cannot stay longer. If Trip advisor had a six star category they would have it.

Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2017

This stunning property offers the best of a five-star experience without any of the downsides (primarily, other guests!). The superb hospitality of both Howie and Jerri was akin to nothing you could find at any other resort or villa. Warm, kind, attentive, interesting and thoughtful, our hosts thought of everything and accommodated anything we needed (from doing a small load of laundry, to curating an amazing elephant adventure day with the best tour guide in Chiang Mai). Jerri cooks the most delicious Thai food, which was unsurpassed at any other place we stayed in Thailand (prior to Howie's, we were in Bangkok and afterwards went to Koh Samui)...seriously she is a master and the assortment, quality, and amount of food was absolutely above and beyond! For our honeymoon, we could not have dreamed of a better experience or location. We would absolutely come back and would highly recommend to anyone who expects the best when they travel. The value makes it worth every penny spent, and the experience of our private oasis in the Mai Rim will never be forgotten!

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled as a couple