“treated like a king”

The Pavana Chiang Mai Resort
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Back in may 2012 I realised I had to improve my way of life,I was overweight and not feeling good about myself,a friend suggested i should go to a spa,do a fast and detox,i had never been to Chang Mai before so I decided to find something there,I ended up going to the Spa Resorts,I was a little nervous but that went away once I met the staff at the resort they explained everything to me about fasting keeping a good diet etc:it was such a relaxing atmosphere to be in ,.tranquill,I new I was in good hands,they treated me like a king answering all my questions through out the week,i lost 6kilos in weight and just found extra energy that had been lacking before,my skin looked better and felt soft.to this day my weight has remained stable thanks to help of spa chang mai.I definitley will go back within the next year,I think everyone should experiance this at least once in their life time.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank BOOMER366
TheSpaguy, Owner at The Pavana Chiang Mai Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Thanks Jeff,
I remember you and indeed noticed the diference from your arrival and departure... you looked younger! I hope we get to see you again in the new year, this cleansing is something that should be considered on a "regular" bases, of course dependent on your life style. (healthy or not) Glad your on a healthier path.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

I needed a break from work. Badly. And a friend recommended The Spa resorts. There are several of them in Thailand, and I chose The Spa in Chiang Mai (Mae Rim). It was the best week so far in 2012 (and it's already December!).
Staff is friendly, attentive and helpful. Of course, level of English is not always perfect, but frankly, I came to the resort to relax, and not to chat to people. I did "Juicing It Retreat" and found everything - accommodation, food (drinks), services and price up to standard. Mae Rim is 45 mins drive from Chiang Mai, and having transfers to/from airport included in the price of the package was a pleasant touch.
The resort is in the mountains. One is surrounded by hills, fruit plantations and rice fields. Because it's quite far from the civilization, the sky is not polluted, and one can see stars at night.
Resort provides free meditation sessions in the mornings. There are yoga classes (depending on the package they might be included). The Spa has several saunas and steam rooms - which is perfect, because some people prefer to have treatment alone, rather than sharing room with someone else.
I had a room with pool view, and it was spacious and cozy. Bed was incredible - soft and big. I slept peacefully every night.
I will definitely come back again for relaxing holiday.
My favourite place there is meditation center on the top of the hill. Excellent view.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Elsynor

Great you had such a wonderful stay. That's why we're here, I'd like all people on earth to be able to go through what you went through in learning about taking better care of yourself. Congratulations on a job well done.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

Nice surrounding and environment. The staffs were very nice. We enjoyed the breakfast and detox drinks a lot. The location is rather deep in and pretty difficult to find even with a hired taxi, it costs THB 700 (standard rate) getting here from Chiang Mai city. However, it was worth it, the journey in was very cooling and scenic. If one is looking forward for authentic Thai meal, this is not the place, it is a place for detox, yoga and relax after all!

Note: don't miss the beautiful sunrise from Sala!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank juzb78
TheSpaguy, Owner at The Pavana Chiang Mai Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2012

I'm delighted your stay was rewarding, sounds like you had a peaceful cleansing detox. We choose this location for it's beauty and serenity, the cool fresh air and nature. Hope on your next stay you can eat more of the Thai food, I'm sure you'd change your mind. Your picture of the sunrise is great, must have been just before meditation class! Another reason we built on this location, the view from the Cloud 9 Sala and the organic farm.
Guy Hopkins
The Spa Resorts

Reviewed November 12, 2012

My wife & I did a detox here and were very disappointed! For the amount of money we paid, we got bad service for Thai standardS, the hotel / resort is very far away from the city and old\dated. The transfers to Chiang Mai are expensive and much more expensive than if you call a taxi.. The pool and spa were not very clean.. And the cats that walk around the resorts are full of fleas/ lice. We have detoxed and traveled in Thailand before and this just didnt compare to the standards other resorts ee stayed in. If you want a good detox go to Koh Samui, more relaxing to be close to beaches etc while doing your cleansing. If you want to visit zchiang Mai, stay in one of the many hotels close to the city, so you can walk around the markets and streets during the day & at night.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bert k
TheSpaguy, Owner at The Pavana Chiang Mai Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

I'm very disappointed as well. We have been working hard on getting our service to a high standard. I'm sorry to hear you did not end up enjoying our service. This gives me incentive to help our staff speak more in English and work courteously, I appreciate your candid review.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed 5 nights for a "Jucing it" detoxing package. The hotel is located far from city, in the mountain. It's really a nice, tranquille place, air is so refreshing. I cannot comment the food because didn't get chance to eat. But spa here's definitely worth trying, and for reasonable price.

I will definitely come back again, to enjoy the place and Yoga. But maybe no more detoxing or fastening, because I don't really enjoy getting starved.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jennifer L

Glad you enjoyed, our place in the clear fresh air is just right for a Yoga holiday. Look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I spent a week doing the detox fast and found the staff very friendly and very helpful. However, considering I didn't eat for nearly a week and the rooms, while comfortable, are fairly basic, I found the price high. I think there's better value elsewhere. I understand The Spa in Koh Samui is much cheaper.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

I'm very happy you had a good detox, and would encourage you to do one yearly. I'm not as happy about you thinking the rooms are overpriced, I would love to hear from you as to why you feel this way! True our basic rooms in Samui are less expensive the Chiang Mai.
I'm here to learn what will make our guests happy and help them learn more about there good health.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Staff was nice ....walking around the place is tricky especially if it is the slightest bit wet, forget the food. Never been to their other place, but this one is riding on the other's reputation. Save your baht and go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ground floor near the pool.