I had heard about this lovely EcoLodge from an acquaintance (it is new so not yet in the guide books) and I am SO GLAD I decided to try it out! In the countryside in Chiang Mai province, yet close to the city, it was the perfect transition for me from a meditation retreat back to "real life." Besides the beauty, cleanliness, nature, the quiet setting, and the yummy breakfasts and dinners - not to mention the good energy - what really makes it great are the hosts Panom and Petchara. Even with a full house, we all had our hosts' personal attention (it is a small place, but still, how did they do that?). In addition to running the EcoLodge, they have a tour service, teach Thai to English-speakers, and sell gourmet Thai coffee. Their business office and cafe (see www.chiangmai-adventure-tour.com) in the center of Chiang Mai gave me a comfortable home base as I visited temples and the Chiang Mai City Art and Cultural Center. They provide free transportation to and from the airport or train station, and Panom drove me back and forth to Chiang Mai for only a few dollars a trip, told me how to get public transportation in case he was not available, and even provided a hand-drawn map for exploring the neighborhood (I walked to a nearby temple). Petchara is an excellent cook and offered homemade Thai dinners and Thai breakfast or Western breakfast with a Thai twist, including abundant fruit (mmm, dragonfruit!) and the best pancakes (made with a lot of fresh banana) I have ever eaten. Of course the coffee is excellent - the perfect gift for my hard-to-buy-for husband! As you can tell I highly recommend Ban Rai Tin Thai Ngarm EcoLodge and will definitely go there again if I ever get back to Chiang Mai. I hope I do!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eco-Lodge for all nature lovers located in the countryside village of Mae Rim district, 20 km north from Chiang Mai. We provide the ensuite bungalows with king-size bed, private bathroom,comfortable tiered terraces both in front & back, free Wi-Fi internet and dependable transport for transferring to & from Chiang Mai Airport. If you are the ones searching for a peaceful place to stay on the scenic hill surrounded with tropical forest and highly interested in learning & touching real Thai culture with local people, Banrai Tin Thai Ngarm is definitely the answer. Come to stay with us to fullfill your memorable holidays in the north of Thailand. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Ban Rai Tin Thai Ngarm Eco Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ban Rai Tin Thai Ngarm Eco Hotel Chiang Mai
- Ban Rai Tin Thai Ngarm Eco Lodge Chiang Mai Province, Thailand