We should have loved this place, except for some fatal flaws with the rooms. we had a family vacation suite.
Pros: beautiful grounds, nice pools/pond, walking trails, free DVDs, rooms well-appointed. great playground for kids. great free wifi throughout.
Cons: bathrooms smelled terrible from when we arrived throughout -- like the drains were not draining, and there is very poor ventilation. no windows that open in the restrooms. the tub is in the kitchen/dining room, which doesn't help with this. Also, the transportation fees to nearby places are very high. Breakfast is not worth it -- standard meats put under a fan and cold as ice when you arrive, terrible coffee. Hard to get anywhere else to eat though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is a relaxing, boutique, garden resort situated in the beautiful and tranquil Maerim Valley, a 30 minute drive from Chiang Mai International Airport and in the centre of the wide range of Chiang Mai's attractions. Offering a full range of recreational activities the facilities include two swimming pools, a beautiful Thai spa, a fitness centre, a sauna, and a lakeside relaxation sala with library These facilities are surrounded by the finest relaxation environment and nature. The resort features 47 understated rooms & villas in huge sub-tropical surroundings with approximately 1,000 trees, an impressive lake, 3 fishponds and many garden areas with relaxing garden salas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Suansawan Resort Chiang Mai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Away Suansawan Centara Boutique Collection Hotel Mae Rim
- Suansawan Resort Chiang Mai Chiang Mai Province, Thailand