“Cute little things”

72 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 183 helpful votes
“Cute little things”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Went with family and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.
We took lots of photos but also paid small extra fee for their own photos.
We visited the cubs only, because I was too nervous to visit the big fellas.
Playing, touching and hanging out with the cubs was an amazing experience.
But one that I don't need to repeat. In and out in about 1 hour.
I would recommend it to my friends.

Visited January 2013

• Turkish first
New York City, New York
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 183 helpful votes
“#1 Activity in Chiang Mai/Mae Rim”

INTRO

If you're traveling abroad, you want to have experiences that are once in a lifetime. Maybe I'm not as well traveled as some (only 40 countries) but I've never had the chance to sit next to a live tiger before.

I went with my wife (who was initially 100% against it because she thought it was dangerous) and my 15 month old daughter. I had friends visit before so I knew it was going to be safe.

We arrived around 930AM in the morning (best to miss the crowds that show up at 10AM when the park opens) and we were shown the various package options you could select from.

Important to note that this place is not a regular zoo. You can opt to just walk around and look at the tigers through the cages, but you can also go inside and pet/hug them. They claim that the tigers are not drugged but rather just trained from birth to be very docile and comfortable with people.

PRICES

They have 4 different sized Tigers and you pay for each "interactive experience" you want. Baby (smallest), Small, Medium, Large. You can do just 1 (420 THB for M or L / 620 for Baby or S) or you can do a package of 2-3 different sizes. My wife and I each did the combo package for 1 Baby, 1 Small and 1 L for around 2000 THB (not exactly sure).

We didn't pay for the personal photographer. If you give your own camera to the tiger handlers, they're more than willing to take all your photos for free (though we did give them a 50-100THB tip).

Note, if you just want to walk around and not have an "interactive" experience, you still have to pay 420 THB. So you might as well get a M or L tiger experience to get in, and then choose if you want to participate later.

After you select which package you want at the center desk, they give you a voucher that you bring over to the cashier by the gift shop to pay. They accept credit cards. Then the cashier gives you tickets for each "tiger" like it's a ride at the carnival.

EXPERIENE

Then you get escorted through the main gate and follow your group to the first top - baby tigers. You wash your hands and take off your shoes and enter the little baby play area. You get assigned to an individual baby tiger and then get as many photos as you like.

When finished, you walk on your own to the next stop (Small or M/L tigers). The park is small enough for you to find your way by yourself with the signs. Even when you finish your tickets for the "interactive experience" you can still walk around like a zoo. We finished around 11AM (an hour total) and then had lunch at the Tiger Kingdom's cafe. A bit overpriced (as you'd expect) but we needed a quick bite before the 1PM Elephant Show down the road.

We wanted our 15 month old to take a photo with the baby tiger. Note: for small children, they can ONLY do the smallest baby tiger and the parent has to pay as well to accompany them. If they dont want to do any tigers, then they still have to pay 420 for entrance.

Visited February 2013
3 Thank Songer5
Atlanta
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Once in a Lifetime Experience”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

My husband and I paid to go in with four different groups of tigers: babies, medium and two different sets of large one. It was truly the thrill of a lifetime. How many people get to spend time in actual contact with these unbelievably beautiful animal. We will never forget this experience. In the U.S., they would let you near a baby tiger let alone getting to bottle feed one. I don't see how anyone could be disappointed with this amazing experience.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Bailey357
Chiang Mai, Thailand
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Undoubtedly the highlight of my recent visit to Chiang Mai.
We opted to just go inside the big cats enclosure. I found it to be a wonderful experience being so close to, not one but four large tigers. Although three of them were dozing they were still sufficiently animated to raise my heartrate a little. As for the fourth one, he was bounding around the cage having a fine time.
The photographs we received afterwards were superb and our visit to Tiger Kingdom stands out for me as a unique and memorable experience.

Visited February 2013
London, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Go first thing in the morning. Great experience.”
Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

After reading a lot of reviews on here, we were unsure as to whether or not we should go to tiger kingdom. We decided to go and make decisions for ourselves.

We got there at 8:55 am, tickets started to be sold at 9:00 am and they let us start seeing tigers at 9:30 am. We were the first ones to see the smallest baby tigers. They were happy and playing with their trainers. They became very relaxed once we started petting them, it seems that they're used to it and it puts them to sleep. We watched them be completely active and normal prior to going in.

Many of the bigger cats had found a place in the sun and were sleeping as they're nocturnal, others were certainly wide awake and quite obviously free of drugs. We got a great 'show' when two 'small' tigers (term is relative they could take on any human) were play fighting in one of their pools right beside us. These same tigers calmed down after coming out of the pool and being pet by people there.

All in all, it was an amazing experience, the tigers are well trained and respond to taps on the feet and nose by their trainers (same as you'd train your dog). It's clear that they are loved by their trainers and the tigers are happy, healthy, and well cared for.

Touristy? Yes, but when's the next time you're going to have the chance to snuggle (safely) with a full grown tiger. Don't listen to the negative reviews here, go and make your own decisions.

1 Thank bcanlon