“Amazing experience”

Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Chiang Mai, Thailand
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Undoubtedly the highlight of my recent visit to Chiang Mai.
We opted to just go inside the big cats enclosure. I found it to be a wonderful experience being so close to, not one but four large tigers. Although three of them were dozing they were still sufficiently animated to raise my heartrate a little. As for the fourth one, he was bounding around the cage having a fine time.
The photographs we received afterwards were superb and our visit to Tiger Kingdom stands out for me as a unique and memorable experience.

Visited February 2013

• Turkish first
London, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Go first thing in the morning. Great experience.”
Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

After reading a lot of reviews on here, we were unsure as to whether or not we should go to tiger kingdom. We decided to go and make decisions for ourselves.

We got there at 8:55 am, tickets started to be sold at 9:00 am and they let us start seeing tigers at 9:30 am. We were the first ones to see the smallest baby tigers. They were happy and playing with their trainers. They became very relaxed once we started petting them, it seems that they're used to it and it puts them to sleep. We watched them be completely active and normal prior to going in.

Many of the bigger cats had found a place in the sun and were sleeping as they're nocturnal, others were certainly wide awake and quite obviously free of drugs. We got a great 'show' when two 'small' tigers (term is relative they could take on any human) were play fighting in one of their pools right beside us. These same tigers calmed down after coming out of the pool and being pet by people there.

All in all, it was an amazing experience, the tigers are well trained and respond to taps on the feet and nose by their trainers (same as you'd train your dog). It's clear that they are loved by their trainers and the tigers are happy, healthy, and well cared for.

Touristy? Yes, but when's the next time you're going to have the chance to snuggle (safely) with a full grown tiger. Don't listen to the negative reviews here, go and make your own decisions.

1 Thank bcanlon
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 129 helpful votes
““Drugged I don't think so! Worth it? Definitely!””

Visited January 2013
2 Thank acerockolla
Singapore, Singapore
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Sleeping Tigers”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We were impressed by the number of rescued tigers (and even a lion) and enjoyed the opportunity to sit with a tiger cub in its enclosure. With three young children, we were not allowed into the bigger tigers' enclosures. Tigers sleep during the day - and tiger cubs with full tummies on a hot day - well, we basically laid down next to our snoozing cub to have our photos taken. To touch tiger fur, rub meaty paws and tickle soft bellies - was worth it. Our cub roused itself for a ferocious swig of milk from a baby bottle, and pounced and played a little with a rustling palm leaf, but soon stretched out and was back asleep in no time. There were many adult tigers who seemed alert and some were sparring with each other playfully, so we trusted the park guides' assurance that the animals are not drugged. Our visit to Tiger Kingdom made for a pleasant morning - recommended for all families.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank bogrzshade
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 129 helpful votes
“Drugged I don't think so! Worth it? Definitely!”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I never even noticed the restaurant part of this attraction, I was there purely for the tigers and I was not disappointed. I had heard people talking in the bars who I am sure had never even been here saying that they had heard that the Tigers were drugged blah blah blah, you know the types, the have seen and done everything and have an opinion! Well, MY OPINION is they were NOT drugged, they are nocturnal animals who were relaxed around the keepers who they had been with since they were cubs, there was a love and respect from the keepers towards the animals. Sure the Tigers seen relaxed and yet then in an instant they see something and the speed of their reaction can leave you in no doubt as to the fact they are alert. Oh and magnificent. I would love to see them in bigger enclosures but I must say they are in as good a condition as any tiger I have seen in any zoo anywhere. I highly recommend this place if you like me love such beautiful creatures and always dreamed of being able to touch one. And yes I am sure it would be nicer if they were in the wild, but sadly that's not a safe place around these parts!