Lowest prices for your stay
$59
$53
Agoda.com
$43
Priceline$55
Hotels.com$59
Trip.com$68
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 14, 2012

The 3 nights we stayed at Mae Nai was the highlight of a 2 week trip to Thailand for my mother and I. We just loved everything about this place. The accommodation was so stylish and comfortable, the company of Ian and Pop our hosts made us feel special and we left feeling like they are now our special friends in Thailand, the pool and gardens are exotic and beautiful, the main house and art is interesting and inspiring and the highlights just go on and on. Not to mention the cooking class provided on our last night which I managed to successfully repeat for friends back in Australia! We absolutey loved this place and loved Ian and Pop and hope to one day be lucky enough to return. I cannot recommend this place more highly if you are after something a little different with style, luxury, a bit of culture and new friends. Thank you Ian and Pop for such a wonderful, wonderful stay!

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
scotthai, Guest Relations Manager at Mae Nai Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2012

Thank you for your great review, Leigh. We really enjoyed having you and your mother stay with us. I' m so pleased that you both enjoyed the cooking class. The food was excellent and I'm delighted that you have tried it out back in Oz. Hope to see you again one day.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

I have been at Mae Nai 5 times now and stayed in 4 different villas in the compound. WOW! I love this place. I like that it is out of the city [yet not too far away] and the peaceful countryside is really what I want in a relaxing break. My favourite of the villas was Hibiscus [as I like to cook and there is a full kitchen] - also it is the closest to the swimming pool!

Room tip: hibiscus is closest to the pool and is the biggest - but they are all lovely in quite different ways
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
scotthai, Guest Relations Manager at Mae Nai Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Thank you for your great review, Sakorn. We're delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Yes, Hibiscus is a lovely villa, and many guests do appreciate having their own kitchen. We do hope you will come back some day.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I had the pleasure of spending 5 days at Mae Nai Gardens when I was in Chiang Mai to attend the Absolute Bootcamp session. I have to say the photos don't do the place justice! It's beautifully landscaped with lush greenery, the relaxing sound of a bubbling stream, and quirky sculptures that pop up throughout as an unexpected, pleasant surprise. The salt water pool is an unusual treat and the water is incredibly soft to the skin. And if you fancy a massage, a call-in service can also be arranged.

Pop and Ian are very warm, welcoming and hospitable hosts who make this a home away from home. My only 'gripe' is that the resort is a wee bit out from town but then again, if your aim is to engage in some true R&R and to dedicate time to yourself and nothing else, then this is the place for you.

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
MaeNaiGardens, Owner at Mae Nai Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

We're so glad you enjoyed your stay.
We do make clear on our website that we are a 30 minute drive from the centre of Chiang Mai. As you suggest, most of our guests choose us because they want to get away from city life and spend some time relaxing in the countryside, or visiting the many activities which exist in this area. Our slogan is 'your home in the countryside'. However, it's easy to get to the city delights from here, so you can have the best of both worlds!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I've just returned from attending the 1st Absolute Boot Camp held at Mae Nai Gardens. I was considering where to spend a few days off when I came across this fantastic opportunity:- A fitness program held at a beautiful resort. Well, definitely needed a fitness boost and really needed a few days away to relax and recharge after a hectic 3 months! It couldn't have been better, intense exercise made fun with visits to a Muay Thai Boxing Training Center, as well as Pilates, water aerobics and of course circuit training led by Michelle, a local ex-pat who runs amazing courses to help those of us who need to improve our fitness levels, lose weight and get back on track!
Then afterwards pure bliss, with the best oil massage I've ever had, followed by delicious, home cooked food, with plenty of locally sourced vegetables and fruit. Next day, after a great breakfast, followed by a swim in the salt pool I was ready for day 2 and it didn't disappoint. The surroundings are glorious, natural and enable you to float away from all your cares. Ian and Pop are gracious hosts who make the stay comfortable and interesting, as they share their knowledge and obvious love of the area! Highly recommend this venue and the Boot Camps! A perfect blend!

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank SallyCmai
scotthai, Owner at Mae Nai Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear Sally, we are so glad that you enjoyed your weekend with us. Thank you for the terrific review. The boot camps are a new co-venture, and we're delighted that everyone had a great time.
However, we're not just about fitness, so if anyone just wants to chill out by the pool, you'll be very happy here!

Reviewed June 14, 2012

We stayed here for six nights and it was just wonderful. Ian and Pop, our hosts and now friends, ensured that our stay was packed full of fun as well as relaxation. The bungalow was immaculately clean; the decor was stylish and comfortable, the sheets and towels changed regularly, and we were kept hydrated with daily bottled water and a good stock of excellent tea and coffee. The gorgeous salt water pool sits perfectly in the beautiful tropical gardens that Pop himself landscaped from scratch. Breakfast was included and this was delicious and fresh. This stay in Thailand will be hard to beat as it is without doubt the most memorable accommodation on our six month travel around the world. Thank you so much, Pop and Ian.

Room tip: The location is a 30 minute taxi ride from town, but do not let this put you off as there is plenty to see and do locally, Ian and Pop provide bikes, and as we discovered we enjoyed the country life a lot more than the city.
Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

We loved having you here. Thanks for the great review. Hope to see you again.