Acorn Court Country House
Metropole Hotel(Llandrindod Wells)
$141
Hotel Commodore(Llandrindod Wells)
$93
Glen Usk Hotel(Llandrindod Wells)
$112
$73
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Cedars Guest House(Builth Wells)(Great Value!)
$62
$163
Liverpool House(Rhayader)
$76
Crown Inn(Rhayader)
$81
$56
  • Restaurant
The Lake Country House & Spa(Llangammarch Wells)
$137
Llangoed Hall(Llyswen)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscakerooms are largehome from homellandrindod wellson arrivalwarm welcomefirst classbest wishesstayed for two nightsfantastic weekenda wonderful place to staybreakfast was amazingperfect hostslocation is greatstair liftsurrounding countrysidelittle touches
Reviewed May 20, 2012

A midweek break in May 2012 .
The first thing that greets you when you arrive is a lovely warm smile. Sarah is a wonderful host with nothing being too much trouble. The room was spotlessly clean and fresh, the beds comfortable the view beautiful and the breakfasts magic. Total peace and quiet throughout the 5 days and nights spent here.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2012

This was a week-end taken on April 14th and 15th this year. The Accommodation was luxurious, and beautifully clean. Sarah, and her family were happy to do everything possible to make our stay an enjoyable one. . . . . . and her Breakfasts were absolutely superb !!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I can rate this place highly enough. I was staying here alone and became ill on my 1st night. All I wanted to do was go home, but my stay was helped by the warm and caring hospitality of Sarah. She brought me tea and cake, hot water bottle and due to a cancellation upgraded me into the larger room, with a sitting area and a bath... which was greatly appreciated! The breakfast was fab, the settings very idyllic and peaceful and the hospitality amazing. I have told all my colleagues who visit Llan'dod regularly for work about Acorn Court and will most definitely be returning here. Thank you!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 9, 2012

We have just enjoyed a wonderful one night stay here over the Easter Bank Holiday. Having stayed at numerous hotels and guest houses over the years, we must say that we found Acorn Court to be magical and the service and friendliness shown to us by Sarah left a lasting impression. The previous reviews have already covered the fabulous setting (waking up to see lambs frollicking outside our window), the elegant furnishings throughout the property, excellent amenities in all rooms and the lovely breakfasts. It is the genuine warmth and friendliness shown by Sarah and all the little extra touches which set this Country House head and shoulders above all others. From the tea and homemade cake on our arrival, chocolate Easter Bunny in our room to the "surprise" of a creme egg under our teacups at Breakfast, we felt that Sarah had a genuine interest in us and we loved getting to know more about her family and the local area during a nice chat in the guest's sitting room by a lovely log fire. We would definitely recommend Acorn Court to anyone planning a stay in this area, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2012

As all the previous reviews state this fantastic place cannot be beaten.
Acorn Court is a truly magnificent, get away from it all location, set in stunning countryside. My wife and I stayed one night on 20th March 2012 whilst house hunting in the area. I booked via the internet and Sarah the proprietor responded very quickly to my enquiry offering diverse rooms to suit our requirements. Sarah also offered to assist us with details of local Estate Agents which was unexpected and could have proved very useful had we not already researched on the internet.
I opted for the Bufton Suite at a price of £37 per person per night including breakfast. The suite was fabulous with a large sitting area with two very comfortable armchairs, a TV, tea and coffee making facilities with ample provisions. Extremely nice touches, that were not expected, were china tea cups and two cut glass wine glasses together with a corkscrew bottle opener. Everywhere was spotlessly clean.
The bedroom area has a very comfortable super king size double bed, clock radio, trouser press, lovely cushions and a cute teddy bear on each pillow.
The suite is on the first floor with stupendous views across the open countryside of the Radnor Hills with a large balcony accessed by a double patio door where, if it had been a bit warmer, would have been lovely to sit out on and take in the view.
Just outside the room entrance was a kitchenette with a fridge, microwave, sink drainer and ample crockery to self cater. Alongside, on the landing, a display with loads of local information as good as found in any Information Centre.
Downstairs was a huge communal lounge for residents with roaring log fire, satellite TV and extremely comfortable chairs affording panoramic views across to the hills. On our arrival Sarah brought us tea, coffee, home made cake and enquired as to our requirements from a superb breakfast menu for the following day. There were menus from a variety of local hostelries, restaurants and take aways available for our perusal together with personal recommendations from Sarah to help us make up our minds where to eat locally that evening.
We had a very comfortable night in such peace and solitude, our sleep hastened by the wonderful fresh air. Breakfast was served in a pretty breakfast room with ample toast, condiments, various preserves, cereals and fresh fruit to help oneself to. We started with Welsh whisky porridge that was extremely tasty. Being on diets I followed with scrambled eggs, baked beans and mushrooms and my wife had a piece of very tasty smoked haddock but declined the eggs to accompany that Sarah offered. She should have had them as my scrambled eggs were beautifully fresh something rarely found nowadays with all the supermarket eggs that are 2 to 3 weeks old and tasteless. I should imagine the full Welsh breakfast is to die for and would have loved to have succumbed to it.
Overall we had a wonderful stay and would highly recommend Acorn Court to anyone visiting this area. We will be suggesting it to our friends for fabulous relaxing breaks and, should we need to re visit on further viewings, we will not hesitate to return to the comforts of this utopia.

Room Tip: All the rooms are fabulous but the Bufton Suite offers outstanding views. For people with disabilities there is not a lift but an excellent stair lift to the first floor.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple