“What a strange place. Good food but very slow.”

Drovers' Thai Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Howey
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We happened upon this place and were the only ones there at 6pm. They had no table for us (despite having noone booked til 7) so after much deliberation we ordered a takeaway. It was 55 minutes - only a meal for 4 and while it was worth the wait, I could have cooked it quicker myself. The owner asked that we didn't take our daughter into the smaller eating area on the left when we collected the meal as he had a Newfoundland dog who didn't like babies! Strange - I thought it was a restaurant where dogs were strictly forbidden! He wasn't unwelcoming just seemed surprised that non-bookers may have wanted to eat at his restaurant on a Saturday night. A caged parrot (a biting one at that) was the other strange element. Nice food but not the best I've had.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

I went with my partner for valentines day, I was greated with a red rose, and the owner was very friendly! His wife was lovely and gave a very warm welcome! It felt like they wanted you there and nothing was to much trouble (unlike some restaurants I been to) food was really fantastic. We had the set menu for 2 and they allowed us to change some of the dishes that was ideal! We got a tore of the down stairs! Am going again for my birthday and would reccommend you give yhis place a try! Prices are a little high but I enjoyed it all the same!!!

1  Thank Terri9245
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Just been to the Drovers, had a really tasty meal. As someone else commented, being midweek the place was a bit empty, athough a couple entered the resturant at the same time as us and we got chatting about our travels which made the place feel more alive. The owner is a wee bit strange as when we arrived he Said he was not expecting so many people (4) is obviously a lot. He then proceeded to phone his Thai wife and asked her to come to the resturant to cook, strange he was open for business "without a chef. But then she made a nice tasty meal, good on your wife, I say.
Probably would not return.

2  Thank Peterb44
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We eat a lot of Thai food at home as my daughter in law is Thai and we know when we are getting really good Thai cuisine- in a friendly atmosphere!

1  Thank Lorna578
Reviewed June 6, 2012

We visited Drovers on the weekend of the Diamond Jubilee and although we were the only ones in the restaurant (I suspect everyone was looking for more traditional scenes) we had a very enjoyable time.

The food was superb, the best Thai I have tasted. The decor was lovely and really felt the atmosphere of Thailand.

A lovely gentleman made us feel very welcome into his restaurant and even when clearing our glasses from the table, made sure the last little drop was not wasted and tipped it into our full glass. At the end of our night he even offered us a lift back to our hotel as he was going that way to town!

Lovely people, excellent food and lovely parrot Judy was tweeting a way very happily, welcoming us to their restaurtant. Thank you!

1  Thank franrut