“great food”

Cuisines: Irish, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 10, 2013

8 of us visited the lobster pot at Easter. Some of the party had the TITANIC dish, really beautiful, well presented, packed with a great selection of fish and sellfish. I had the chowder soup with open sandwich couldnt fault the soup but sandwich a bit disappointing, one bit of soda bread was a bit mean but plus side plenty of salmon. Husband had fish curry again couldn't fault it. Service ok but its worth a visit if you in the area.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

To say that I was a little disappointed with this restaurant was an understatement. It advertises itself as having a range of different fish dishes and the choice just wasn't there. As we'd travelled quite a distance to have our meal here we stopped and ate.

The garlic crispy mushrooms (statrter) were tasty but the garlic dip was flavourless. The salmon that I had for my main course was dry and the sauce again lacked any flavour. My husband had the traditional fish and chips and the batter was soggy and cloddy and to top it all the Guinness apparently was too cold.

Puddings were ok but by the end of the night I was so disallussioned we went home.

Not a place I would recommend nor revisit on my next trip to Ireland.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Had dinner again at the Lobster Pot on a dreary evening evening in January when the winter blues were well and truly enveloping the country. Open the door and the place gleams, roaring fire and a sense of being welcomed into someone's home. The food, as always, was excellent. Great crab claws, chowder a real treat and my, how good is the Guinness. Comfortable seating, relaxed ambience and I look forward to my next visit.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Stayed in Dungloe a couple of weeks ago and went into Burtonport for a drive, there isn't much to see there except for the ferry! It was a cold windy Saturday and we came across The Lobster Pot. The bar and restaurant are lovely with a huge fire the barmaid was really friendly. The menu was extensive with lots of seafood, the chowder was to die for! We had a fantastic lunch with great service and really warm and cosy surroundings, just what we needed on a cold wet and windy day, highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Lovely friendly pub/restaurant with very good seafood. Welcoming atmosphere & very reasonable prices.