“Fantastic Guinness & Seafood”
Review of The Lobster Pot

The Lobster Pot
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Burtonport
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We stayed in Burtonport some years ago and went for a drink in the Lobster Pot. Unfortunately we had already driven into Dungloe to eat, not realising what a fantastic seafood restaurant we had on our doorstep. We said we would return someday for food, and we managed it recently (took 8 years, but we made it). After a long journey over the Donegal mountains, we were not disappointed. The restaurant is under new management, but the food was still excellent. My partner had the surf and turf, and I had the seafood platter for one which was to die for, I could only eat half of what I had on my plate.

The bill was a little bit on the expensive side, but that could have been the rubbish exchange rate at present. Eating in the South is a bit more expensive in general, but I didn't mind as the quality made it well worth it.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

its been 10 years since i was last here and soo much has changed. Most buildings look derelict now.
Maybe the local council should invest in the area.
Would recommend the Arran mor ferry for a day out.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

clean, efficient , good fresh grub, reasonable and a nice friendly staff, good value all round

Reviewed July 1, 2012

Service and food was excellent. The restaurant was clean and very welcoming. A good selection on the menu.and fairly priced

Reviewed June 6, 2012

The hubby heard about this place and knowing how much I love sea food,we decided to make the 3 hour drive each way to try it out. Long trip and when we got there, it was about 1 pm, we were the only ones there. I had the steak and crab claws and shrimp. Hubby had the fish and chips (he really is not into the sea food). The steak was average, 3 small crab claws and 5 small shrimp, I was kinda dissapointed to be honest. We both had the seafood chowder for starters, it had 3-4 small pieces of fish in it and 2 cokes, €50.00 total. Great atmosphere and lots to look at on the walls and ceiling, pictures and jerseys from Ireland. There is nothing to do here/see in this little town unless you are catching the ferry over to one of the islands. Over all, it was the basic lunch that you don't need to drive 6 hours round trip for.

1  Thank smithhouse_ireland