Prested Hall Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Holiday Inn Colchester(Eight Ash Green)
  • Pool
The Drapers Hotel(Earls Colne)
View Hotel
All reviewswedding venuewedding breakfastwedding coordinatorafternoon teaamazing weddingevents managerbridal suiteamazing venueguests commented on howevening buffetattic roomhealth clubnext morningspa breakthe main hotelbeautiful groundslovely hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

My partner and I were looking for a hotel to get away for my birthday. Didn't want to spend too much, for £70 on late rooms we booked prested hall. It was such a lovely place and the room was beautiful. Tastefully decorated with a lovely big modern bathroom, bath and amazing shower. Special little touches in the room, like cotton buds and cotton wool in a little box. Beautiful towels and crisp white bedding. A vast selection of teas and cookies! All little touches that us ladies notice :)
We will definately be returning... for that price it's a little gem and a lovely way to spend my birthday evening.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 22, 2012

lovely drive up to house room was lovely view was over the back to wards fields. lovely view of sunset too. if you sleep with the windows open you will hear the main road which is not far from the hotel. the grounds are lovely with beautiful trees. food and sevice was very good and they fitted us in for afternoon tea which is really lovely. service is not rushed so you can relax and enjoy your food.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Our daughter got married at Prested Hall on 6th September - excellent venue all round! Several really lovely public rooms, fabulous grounds, beautiful bedrooms which were very comfortable, food fantastic, staff extremely helpful - not a bad word to say! The wedding organiser Jill was exceptional, very calm and organised - we all had a brilliant time. Cannot recommend them highly enough.

Room Tip: All rooms very comfortable and we all stayed 2 nights with all guests happy, room 1 exceptional - double ended bath you could swim in!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2012

A little out of the way but set in very pleasant surroundings - would have been even nicer had the sun shone. The rooms are nice and clean, the staff friendly and the breakfast isn't bad. The gym is a bonus too. the best feature for us, however was the large, en-suite with the very large bath. - very pleasant.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank El-Vultoro
Reviewed July 10, 2012

The drive up to the hotel tells you everything you need to know.... your in the middle o nothingness and it's time to relax.

They say on the website that internet is not always working, this is true! you will also find that your mobile may not always work. For me this was not an issue.

Upon arrival I was amazed by the building, it looks so nice and full of the trappings of the old days.
I found the staff to be very friendly and welcoming, they even offered to have by bags taken up to my room for me! this in my mind is 5 star treatment and was not expected.

I decided to carry my own bag and when I got to my room I felt like I had stepped back in time... and in an amazingly good way, when I read the welcome pack I soon realized that I was staying in history! and well documented history.

Reading the welcome pack made me excited to staying. The pack tells you the history of the building and in mind along with the welcome, made me feel really welcome.

I had food at the bistro and found it to be good food at an amazing price.

My room had a complementary bottle of water and a cafetiere with coffee for me to use (this is a first, and a great first) the room also came with feather pillows and a feather duvet, better than what I have at home! The bed was delightful and I could have spend a week in it as it was so comfy!

After a great nights sleep I went down for breakfast. Whilst I will say the coffee was not great in terms of strength for me ( I like very strong coffee but admit that not everyone is the same) I can say that everything else was awesome.

I was able to get the morning paper to read, and also an extensive breakfast food menu. The breakfast menu had 2 different types of fish available (smoke salmon and Kippers) and even had options available on both!

Now I don't eat meat but I do eat Fish. I decided to order an omelet with cheese from the menu and also mushrooms, I have to say that I expected 1 of 2 things to happen.. 1, that an omelet arrived with mushrooms on the site or 2, that it arrived with the mushrooms inside.

I did not expect the waiting staff to come to me and say sorry for the fact that the chef had added the eggs, cheese and mushrooms together :-).

I was not expecting such honesty and the offer to recook the breakfast even before it arrived on the table! This is service never before experienced and service that is way beyond what was expected.

All in all I would have to say that my stay was amazing, it felt great and the staff had the attitude of a 5 star hotel - but without the pay me pay me behavior for every little thing done.

I dont often review a place that I stay in, but when it is this good I just cant help myself.

The only question I have for you is why are you still reading what I have to say???? Get booking!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business