“Proper country pub!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Folly Inn

The Folly Inn
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Proper country pub!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

We had Sunday lunch here and it was gorgeous! Massive portions of meat; I had turkey and my other half had beef. Loads of perfectly cooked vegetables and gravy. All the staff were friendly and helpful, even fitting us in when they were packed. Even the locals at the bar were happy to chat and make conversation. Its how a good pub should be. We didn't have room for puddings but they looked great and were only £3 extra on top of the £7.95 we'd paid. All excellent value. We can't wait to visit again, but if you go, be careful of the little bridge leading to the pub as its likely to ground most vehicles! All adds to the excitement !!

2 Thank Rilleytherag

Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
“A Sunday lunch to remember”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

The Folly was recommended to me as a good old fashioned pub with proper Sunday lunch that would be more than suitable for my dad's 60th birthday, we booked in for 19 people and this was all done by email and they were very quick to respond. On the day we managed to get to the bottom of folly lane (the only road to the pub) to see that it was flooded and was not possible for us to get across, I had a slight panic at that moment as was not sure where I would be able to get 19 people in at short notice however I phoned the Folly and did not have to worry as they sent two 4x4's down to ferry us all to the pub which was brilliant. On arrival the room was decorated for us and my husband was very happy as they were serving his favourite beer Doom bar! The staff were great and so helpful and the food was amazing a real proper traditional sunday lunch with generous servings and yorkshire pudding that almost filled the plate! My dad had a great day and it really made his 60th. Would recommend the folly for anyone looking for a good old fashioned sunday dinner.
My only negative comment and its not a biggy is that it could do with some change facilities for babies even just a change mat in the toilets as I had to place paper towels on the floor to change my little girl.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank BDR-BMR
“Good food shame about the farmers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

Went into the pub for a quick drink as we passed in the canal boat the beer was good but the local farmers seemed like they had not seen a female for a few years. The were sleazy towards my wife and my friends partner. As we sat and had our drinks the food did smell good so we decided to return for on the way back.
We then returned on weds night around 7pm for food. The staff are very friendly and the food is good value for money and is all homemade, four people dined for £40 and the portion size was more than enough. The desserts are also very nice and generous sizing. The landlord is very inviting with his amusing tommy coper jokes. To sum up its a very good pub that is dog friendly good home made food but shame about the Neanderthal farmers who make it very intimidating. Spoon jar

1 Thank Robakkie
London
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

The Folly Inn has changed hands a couple of times -it is currently very well managed and the food is good and plentiful. We have eaten here a number of times both for lunch and in the evening. The staff are friendly and efficient and there is a wide choice of food which is always well prepared and fresh. There is a friendly atmosphere in the pub and it is used by both local people and canal users. A good place to eat or drink and there is a lovely garden overlooking the canal for when the weather is warm.
I have also stayed in the cottages which were extremely good value.I understand that these are not now managed by the pub owners and they do have a website

• Visited October 2012
Madeira Beach, Florida
“Best pub on this part of the canal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

This is by far the best pub on the canal between Napton Marina and Thrupp. The landlord is very friendly, as is the entire staff, and hospitable, the beer is good, the interior nice, but what is especially outstanding are the very spacious, park-like grounds.

• Visited September 2012