“Preis-Leistung-TOP”

Solplay Hotel de Apartamentos
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Linda-a-Velha
Reviewed August 18, 2014

The fourth time in SOLPLAY and as always with friendly staff, clean and spaceous rooms, nice gym and other attractions, good and inexpensive food, a place to come back too.
Will try to come on vacation, on Business you cannot enjoy all the good things around, especially with the nice weather!
The Hotel is a bit far from Lisbon City Center, but you can get a bike for free, take a bus or the nearby Train, and even the cab is not to expensive to get downtown

Come Again.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank JoeyVisor

Reviewed August 17, 2014

We stayed in this hotel early August 2014 for 3 nights. The location is not suitable for those who want to explore Lisbon by foot and public transport but with a car it is just right. Parking is free and available.
Any point like Sintra, Cascais, Setubal, etc. will be easily reachable for a day trip from there.
Very quiet at nights with beautiful views both onto the river and in the opposite direction.
Large enough rooms, clean and well equipped. Spacious balconies suitable for sunbathing in a clear sunny day. The staff is nice and helpful.
We booked a studio with a kitchen as I prefer to cook by myself whenever I can. This one was good enough lacking just a knife, grater and colander from all you may need during a short term stay.
We also appreciated a bath tub and took a bath every day. Wi-fi in the room was ok but unstable in the out-door pool area.
Breakfast was included and very good and the room rate was very attractive. It was lovely to have breakfast in the open area shielded from the wind by glass. Good solution as Lisbon is incredibly windy most of the time any month or season of the year. I enjoyed fresh orange juice every morning along with the excellent coffee.
The other reason I had booked this hotel was wide range of sports facilities to use. There are 2 heated swimming pools - indoor and outdoor. I preferred the indoor one again due to never stopping wind. There is also a nice jacuzzi next to the indoor pool and saunas. We also attended well equipped gym but unfortunately did not have time to try the tennis court or cycling.
But of course the hotel lives you with vast selection of time-passing should you chose to stay there during a day. My boyfriend noted that the nearby park if developed properly could attract more visitors to the hotel and in general make the area more livelier and nicer.
Out of negatives was poor drainage in the kitchen sink and the lack of slippers.
Anyway we got very positive impressions of our stay in Solplay Hotel and are tempted to return even having a family flat near Lisbon where we normally stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2014

We stayed here for about a week in July. We wanted a place to use as our base to visit Lisbon, Cascais and Sintra and at the same time we wanted a place where the kids (and us) could unwind.

The hotel has a very nice outdoor pool and an indoor pool ideal for kids to play. What surprised us is the amount of available lounges at the pool at any given time despite the fact that the hotel was supposed to be full. It never felt crowed, it was amazing!

The buffet breakfast was good although sometimes it would take a while for certain food (or coffee) to get refilled. We had an apartment overlooking the pool and the river which was superb. The apartment was super spacious and the terrace was huge. We were really impressed. We definitely would recommend this hotel especially if you are traveling with young children. It had a lot of amenities - including a kid's club, the location is great and the staff is very friendly and helpful.

Their shuttle service is very reliable. We called the hotel the day before to arrange a pick up from the train station since we were arriving at 7:30 in the morning and when we arrived in Lisbon, the driver was already waiting for us.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Mani1810
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Stayed here for a week in August, so we could visit Lisbon, Cascais and other nearby attractions. The hotel was perfect for us being just 10 to 15 minutes by car/bus into Lisbon city centre and the hotel provided a free shuttle to and from Lisbon every day which was an extra bonus. The hotel has a lovely outdoor swimming pool with no shortage of sun loungers and parasols and plenty of space so it didn't feel too crowded even when the hotel was full. The buffet breakfast was excellent with a varied choice to suit most tastes and the dining room staff extremely helpful. We had a room overlooking the pool and the river which was superb, with views of Cristo Rei, the 25th of April Bridge and cruise ships coming and going into the port. We definitely would use this hotel again, it had every amenity that we needed, great location and professional, courteous staff.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Susan F
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We stayed for 5 nights for a family wedding.
As a competing body builder, it was important to me to stay somewhere with a gym. The hotel is fantastic for sports lovers! As well as a gym and 2 pools, there's an astroturf equipped for tennis or football, bikes to hire, and it's a nice place for a run. Over the road there's a mountain bike course, canopy ropes course and more football pitches. Nearby there are great surfing beaches (we went to the Angel's Surf School at Carcaveloss which was great!).
The gym is geared towards cardio. There are plenty of bikes / crosstrainers / treadmills. There are some weights machines and a set of dumbells going up to 26k only. It would be much improved if they got a squat station. There are no cables etc. either. It's fine for the average gym user, and ok for a week off season.
The apartment was spotlessly clean. The kitchen was reasonably well equipped, although I wouldn't want to do any serious cooking there due to a lack of utensils. The restaurant offered a great buffet for breakfast and evening meals - there were plenty of clean options for those worried about their diets (and plenty of puddings for those who are not!).
The staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful and it seemed no request was too big or too small.
I would recommend the hotel for families as well - there's even a play room for the kids and babysitting available.
We booked the smallest room and it was spacious and great for a couple.
I would definitely recommend this hotel for a fun / relaxing holiday in Lisbon!

Room Tip: We picked a room with wifi included - it worked very well, more than adequate for our needs. We were...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cathy L
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I was here on a business trip and well, it was business. The hotel is outside the city center and a taxi cab, which is anywhere from 15-20 euros each way. When I arrived I asked about our company discount and was told because I booked online I could not get the company discount, even though we were holding events all week. It did not make sense since I did not pay until check out - hmmm. Then everything with the hotel was off, the event, food and accommodations. Service was slower than a turtle and no bar/wait staff ever could figure out people were waiting or needed service. They would just stand around. I left a bathing suit and dress behind and asked them to mail it to me at my final destination in Madeira Portugal. I called and was told to email the hotel. It took them days to reply to my email and I never did get my clothes. The Wifi in the room worked most of the time, but if I wanted to get any work done, I needed to go to the lobby. Would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel in Lisbon
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 18, 2014

It's my third time in this hotel, and it never lets me down. I always stay here when I go to Optimus Alive, since it has a fantastic location and great conditions. My apartment was HUGE and very very clean. We had everything we needed. The breakfast is excellent with lots of variety. This time there were some DJs by the pool, and the atmosphere was awesome!

One great thing was the free shuttle to the festival which would also bring you back to the hotel. I don't know if I could take it because of the special "Optimus Alive package" for the room, but it's a really really good thing.

The only problem we had was with the mattresses in our beds (006), they could use a replacement. Other than that, we had a great stay and will definitely return!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Linda-a-Velha
Holiday Inn Express Lisbon Oeiras
#1 of 1 in Porto Salvo
Hotel Real Oeiras
Hotel Real Oeiras
#1 of 1 in Oeiras

Been to Solplay Hotel de Apartamentos? Share your experiences!