DoubleTree by Hilton Bristol South - Cadbury House
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Congresbury
Buckingham, United Kingdom
“nice stay”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

we stayed here for two nights and found it over all very good. breakfast was great n good staff..hotel looks nice and short drive to Bristol n caves.. worth a visit..used pool in leasure center and sauna this was worth the stroll across the car park..will go back again..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank ronney11
Colin B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Bristol South - Cadbury House, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Good Morning
thank you for your kind feedback posted above , great way to start the day with our superb breakfast , probably needed the energy to visit the caves !!

There's ;loads more to explore locally and hope we see you back very soon
best regards
Colin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
  • Greek first
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stayed here one night , hotel room was O.K ( hard bed ) but rest of the room fine ,very good value for the room ,with free room wifi always a plus , but the calls to book the restaurant for the evening at home the night before should have been ignored . Clearly the policy ,in this out of the way hotel ,is to make the margin with a so called Marco Pierre White restaurant .Let me say right away that the restaurant staff were very well trained and pleasant to deal with , but the food was overpriced , and I should have listened to the server who said the calves liver would " be well done " it was dry enough to represent shoe leather. Three of us plus a child meal with just one bottle of wine came to £180+ with the room at £65 pre booked for a double puts this all in perspective .
My advice is book the room drive out for a meal,or take a taxi either way you will be better served .

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors away from terrace and restaurant area and car park
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jeff B
Colin B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Bristol South - Cadbury House, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for your comments relating in the main to our Marco Pierre White restaurant and of course I am disappointed to read your comments .Please be assured that the margin ,whilst very important to us is not our primary driver but to deliver consistent quality to ensure that our guests do return to us ,indeed there are exact specifications written for all of our MPW sites which we follow in great detail with regular audits and spot checks across all of our restaurant sites in the company to ensure we do follow these specifications.
Thank you also for your very positive comments relating to the service and staff ,they will be delighted by this and will share with them at this afternoons Restaurant meeting
I do hope that on your return you will try the restaurant again and would ask that you make direct contact with either Mimmo or Joanna in the MPW restaurant in order that we can restore your confidence with us
kind regards
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Food was terrible and over-priced. £9.50 for 9 small semi-frozen prawns with a pink sauce on top. Highly chaotic slow service. Filthy tables on the terraces, as well as the terrace floor. Used butter wrappers under the table do not help. Rooms were ok, but that's not difficult. Receptionists on departure were friendly and understanding.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank Marc W
Thank you for your comments above all of which have been taken fully on board in particular to the terrace area as this is not the impression we would wish to give and steps have already been taken for the restaurant team to address this fully as on this occasion we clearly let it slip
Thank you also for your kind comments regarding the reception team and they will be delighted by your feedback
Kind regards
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Shower broken in room, phone broken in room, housekeeping told me they "have no pillows" when asked for extra. Also the Beds very hard.
Room very noisey I could hear next doors tv all night. Very loudly. And seeings my phone was broken I was unable to complain.
I booked The marco restaurant meal package. Please do not have the set menu £25 per head, that's included in the meal, use the £25 budget to order from the real menu. As the set menu isn't edible. It's rubbish. And how marco puts his name to it is disgusting. Where as I had the steak from the actual menu and it was lovely. But had to pay a lot extra to have steak. (Yes that's correct you can't have steak from the steak house on the pre book meal & hotel package) we had a big party with us and all of us agreed the set menu was a mistake.

To top it off after I told reception about the problems in the room some staff came and checked and CONFIRMED they were in fact broken. Yet the next morning at check out they implied I was lying and that they all worked perfectly. Even tho your staff came the night before to try to fix them and agreed with me. Appalled is not the word. All of this i complained about at reception and not even a hint of compensation or an offer of something generous.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Essjay182
Thank you for your feedback posted to trip advisor and of course I am extremely disappointed to read of your dissatisfaction .We do have a structured internal customer feedback system and will investigate fully as to why we were unable to resolve some if not all of these comment's whilst you were here
You will see how many generally positive comments we do receive on trip advisor in particular having received the Trip Advisor Excellence award for the second year in succession so it is really important to me to receive all feedback if not always as positive as we would wish in order to improve on our normally high levels of service and product offered to all of our guests
Kind regards
Port Talbot, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 24, 2013

this is more like it having had a very bad experience in another Bristol hotel a few months previous this was by far superior and very reasonable The room food grounds and general atmosphere was first class

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Susan L
Dear Susan
thank you so much for taking the time in posting to trip[ advisor your comments are greatly appreciated and we do hope that this will be the start of many return visits to us in the future
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I am sure that the hotel is wonderful, but I booked a "Top secret hotel" deal on last minute.com that was advertised as close to harbourside and city centre, this is the hotel that came through which is about a 20 minute drive away. The offshore Last Minute support (??) desk then claimed to have rang the hotel and spoken to an "Ashley" and told me that I was wrong and the hotel was in the centre of Bristol. I then rang the Doubletree South - Cadbury who were very helpful but could not do anything with regard to refund as lastminute.com had the money, however they did say they would be happy to refund if they could. When I related this to the Last Minute support centre they claimed to ring the hotel, whilst I was on hold ( I wasted 2 and a half hours of my life talking or on hold to this support centre), and came back to me to say the hotel would not refund the money and it was not them??.

I will not use last minute.com again I have never had issues with Late rooms/Agoda etc.

Lastminute offer a poor and possibly fraudulent service

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your posting to tri[p advisor ,I can see how possibly confusion could be caused with there now being two DoubleTree hotels in the area and we will of course ensure that our own description reflects this accordingly. The Hotel though is very accessible to Bristol not only by car but the nearby railway station which takes you directly into the City and saves money on expensive parking
I do hope that this will not deter you however from trying the DoubleTree Bristol South in the future

best regards
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 22, 2013

stayed here midweek in july 2013, on arrivall i was most impressed with the views and the building
the concrete cow in the field by the fountain was obviouslyon holiday from milto keynes, the grounds where spendid the grass cut enough to make a walk easy. the veiw across the estuary to i assume wales was great.
the driveway is sharesd with the spa but that were it ends, the two are separate.
my first impression was of a relaxed style of service smiles and friendly talking reception staff, though i did have to ask which way to my room and was left to find the lift myself, though a full load of chinese tourist where making there way up the driveway.
my room was very clean if a bit of a strange layout, you get the impression someone purchased the bed come storage come bedside unit never measured them before buying it dominated the room.
i am not a fan of air con so went to the windows which thankfully where fully openable, i do hate those strap things. unfortunatley my room was about ten feet above the terrace which people where eating and drinking on, so if you tend to retire before say eleven oclock and its a fine evening ask for a rear room. it did go quite outside at eleven then proceeded to get rather noisy in the corridor doors being slammed and people chatting, i am nt a big fan of loads of signage, but one of the great things pemier inns do is put up signs asking you to be quite, maybe doubletree might look at that.
by midnight all the guests [bar the person that didnt want to turn his or her tap fully on which caused a lovely growling noise through my room] where asleep at which time i also slept and i slept very well i awoke refreshed, had an excellent shower in my very well appointed bathroom.
the breakfast is a buffet affair which i do like as i hate answering all the do you want fried or boiled egg questions. the food was fresh the sausage and bacon well sauced from good suppliers, the staff excellent, checkout very easy.
tips for less active of us take your car to reception to off load the walk up from the car park is steep, just the jod to get the old ticker going, all in this hotel is a great stop over, i will look forward with my new found knowledge of room selection to an even better time there.

Room Tip: early to bed stay away from the rooms on the front in the summer
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank tedthetanker
Colin B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Bristol South - Cadbury House, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Good afternoon

and thank you firstly for such comprehensive feedback ,it really is refreshing to read and will be shared in full with the entire team here ,some great ideas noted also and we will certainly be taking them further. The team here are certainly our biggest asset and its really nice to read that they delivered in all aspects during your stay
Colin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Congresbury
Best Western Walton Park Hotel
Winford Manor
#1 of 1 in Winford
Holiday Inn Bristol Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Bristol South - Cadbury House? Share your experiences!