“Wedding weekend”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Congresbury
Truro, United Kingdom
“Wedding weekend”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We have just spent a memorable weekend at Cadbury House for my daughter's wedding and I cannot praise this hotel highly enough. Our room (a junior suite) was extremely comfortable, the breakfasts were excellent value for money and staff were extremely helpful and on hand to cater for our every need. Several family members who had booked in for the weekend all made complimentary comments to me about their stay as well.

Room Tip: I highly recommend a junior suite as long as you are not averse to an open plan bathroom.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JudyBanks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Greek first
Newbury, Berkshire
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My Partner and I organise and run, a four day 'Easter Scrabble Tournament' for 70 people which we held at this hotel for the second year running. Accommodating and catering for such a large party, many of whom are elderly or infirm is no easy feat, but the Managers staff go above and beyond the call of duty to make sure that our every need is met. The 'conference' facilities as far as we are concerned, are excellent and despite the fact that there were several weddings on at the hotel over this weekend, the staff were always on hand for us when needed. Food in the Marco Pierre restaurant was delicious every day (especially the Belly Pork). Again, considering they were serving 70 of us at one sitting, the service, quality of food and choice of menu was excellent. OK, there were a couple of occasions when one or two tables waited a while for their main course - but it was worth it and seeing how hard the restaurant staff were working to serve us all, nobody minded. We were spoiled at tea/coffee breaks with warm muffins and hot cross buns - straight from the bakery and even though we were stuffed full at mealtimes, none of us could resist. This is a great hotel to hold an 'event' at and we are already planning Easter 2014!!

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel have an amazing view over the Bristol Channel!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Hammee
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Stayed over Easter Bank Holiday for Scrabble tournament(over 70 people). Often groups as large as this treated as second class citizens but the service and attention we received was excellent.
Room a bit snug but spotless,well appointed and extremely comfortable bed. All meals were in the Marco Pierre White restaurant looked after by a most helpful manager for whom nothing was too much trouble and the food was very good. Morning and afternoon teas with loads of cakes and scones were really appreciated. All in all a really enjoyable stay at this excellent hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

The staff are lovely at the hotel and the exterior of Cadbury House is amazing, however the hotel inside is a little stepping back in to the 90's with spot lights everywhere and a black and grey theme which they have attempted to glitz up with French style furniture!
The bedrooms are of a good size however I felt like they were dark and depressing and what was stated as a luxury king room ended being a big standard hotel room! The bathroom tile was cracked and the bathroom ceiling had stains and cracks - not what I call luxury!
The spa facility was not up to standard the amount I paid for a massage and facial might have just been burned as the massage was okay and the room needed a good clean and the wallsre decorated. The sound of dropping weights from the gym above ruined the tranquility!

The staff make up for the hotel and spa needing an update and if I had paid for the room - I certainly would be asking for my money back!
I suggest booking this hotel on a desk the staff are friendly and the restaurant food is good!

• Stayed March 2013
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed overnight on Good Friday. Welcome reception, including the warm cookie. There was a wedding on at the hotel so a lot of people milling around the very small reception area. I had booked an executive room and was also offered an upgrade, complimentary. Finding our room was somewhat difficult as the signage is very poor, both around the hotel and in the lift. Room fine, nothing out of the ordinary but the view over the Bristol Channel was great. Wanted to use the pool but the leisure facilities are in a different building and, as it was cold and with a little snow, didn't really want to walk outside! Dined in the bar area which, at 1900hrs, was still occupied by some wedding guests so we couldn't find a table at first. I ordered a burger which was okay, and my husband had the club sandwich which he really enjoyed. Music was too loud in this area and we found it a little draughty. We had an okay stay and would stay again if in the area.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Stunning location, warm friendly welcome, helpful staff. Decent size room with nice decor. Bathroom products great, bathroom clean. As a freelance photographer I need plug sockets to charge my equipment & my room had a total of 10. Desk was plenty big enough for my 27" iMac for me to continue to edit. I didn't eat @ the hotel as within a mile in both directions is a hungry horse pub which offers better value if you want to watch your pocket. One negative, duvet was a bit on the thin side for my liking. I'm sure I could have asked for a blanket but opted not too. I would come back

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed for a night, we were impressed with the warm cookies on arrival. We really enjoyed the bar food it was excellent! Bar staff really friendly! Paul manager was great! Our only downfall was the Marco Pierre restaurant, food very standard for the price, I would advice eating in the bar for dinner, cheaper too! Overall stunning hotel and location would recommend.

• Stayed February 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Congresbury
Hampton by Hilton Bristol Airport
Best Western The Webbington Hotel and Spa
Best Western Walton Park Hotel
Winford Manor
Winford Manor
#1 of 1 in Winford
Holiday Inn Bristol Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Bristol South - Cadbury House? Share your experiences!