“our daughters wedding”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Congresbury
Bristol, United Kingdom
“our daughters wedding”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had our daughters wedding at cadbury house.Arrived with our daughter on the thursday the day before the wedding.From the moment we arrived we felt at ease,having bombarding the receptionest with questions about the wedding,she gave us reasurence that all requests would be meet where ever possible { they were}We cannot thank all the staff, wedding coordinaters enough for all their hard and dedicated commitment to ensure our daughers wedding was perfect.
I would not hesitate but to recommend this hotel for any occasion,

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
  • Greek first
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Stayed here before on a rewards stay which makes it excellent value. Close to Bristol which has some new shops now, dock are good and SS Great Britain. University area good and Clifton suspension bridge. A Brunel experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 8, 2013

we got married here two years ago and couldnt fault the service then, however with all the family to see and excitement of the day we felt that we didnt really get a change to enjoy the hotel. So we booked in again - and even treated ourselves to a loft appartment room like we had for the wedding. we felt truly spoilt through out our stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

A friend bought group on vouchers for tea with fizz. A lovely idea. Thanks to my friend. It turned out to be tea in the sports club where people were wearing robes! A little off putting when wanting to consume naughty nibbles. But the team were great catering for our dietary needs. They gladly reworked the tea and made it gluten free and tea was lovely - chamomile flowers for me. It was good value for the offer price but I wouldn't have paid full price. Go if you aren't put off your food by the near undressed!

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Shona7777
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel as the pictures looked lovely despite some comments which I read. I was aware of the hotel being more expensive then others but this was not a issue as you got to pay the price for luxury..Paying the price I did and then to find the issues with just checking me in to my room had annoyed me! DELAYS and a huge que!! Whilst in the room everything looked lovely and smelt fresh UNTIL I noticed a stain by the sofa bed, I then pushed the sofa bed out and was amazed at the level of dust and the Hair clips I found. I don't complain normally and I did not want to waste my time in calling reception to let them know my findings. However on checkout I did advise the receptionist who didnt seem to have much interest.

Breakfast in the morning was not brilliant and everyone just looked busy, I could have cooked a breakfast better!!

I have stayed at many other Doubletree hotels and my experiences have been brilliant.

Overall to sum up I wont be coming back here and do advise this hotel management team to make some changes to its operations!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
bournemouth
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Whilst the hotel is clean and quite nice it is without doubt expensive. As a regular traveller I find 4/5* hotels differ hugely in their interpretation of 'space'. I was upgraded to a business room (thanks Hilton) however even the upgraded room was to small for a bath.

Food was ok but again massively overpriced

Can't say I'd recommend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Nether Stowey, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Room had fag ash all over the windowsill and a rotting cookie bag in the safe. Restaurant food was way below the standard Marco Pierre White would have accepted had he been there. It was just OK. I don't think he would accept OK. There was a power cut which was beyond the hotel's control but it mucked our morning around - which is why I never got to comment on the room cleanliness, because we were in a hurry to leave. I thought the note about the power cut under the door was a cop-out - and the power cut wasn't even mentioned when we left. It should have been because it meant we had to have a cold shower in a pitch black bathroom (no windows) - and a late breakfast. My final gripe is the layout. The lift and signage is very odd. We struggled to find our way around and once ended up with the lift depositing us outside, round the back into a cloud of cigarette smoke. On the plus side (!) some of the staff were lovely, including the receptionist when we arrived and the older lady waitressing in the restaurant in the evening. The beds were comfy and the cookies are a nice touch. The power cut was not the hotel's fault but it was handled badly and it was annoying that the note under the door felt the need to point out there would be no compensation. Very cheap. It wouldn't take much to make it a really premium experience but our experience was poor-to-average and I wouldn't stay there again unfortunately.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Congresbury
Hampton by Hilton Bristol Airport
Best Western The Webbington Hotel and Spa
Best Western Walton Park Hotel
Winford Manor
Winford Manor
#1 of 1 in Winford
Holiday Inn Bristol Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Bristol South - Cadbury House? Share your experiences!