“Birthday weekend in Deluxe room with a view”

DoubleTree by Hilton Bristol South - Cadbury House
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Congresbury
Bath, United Kingdom
“Birthday weekend in Deluxe room with a view”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

From looking at some of the reviews I didn't know what to expect and we were pleasantly surprised by just how lovely it was.

I booked a deluxe room with a view for me and my fiancé and requested a high floor. The "room with a view" lived to expectations as the view to Wales was fantastic!
Checking in was quick with friendly welcoming staff with the cookie as a nice touch.

The room was clean, nicely decorated and romantic. It also had the biggest mirror I have ever seen!! Also has free wifi which is handy!
The spa was more like a leisure centre but was clean, nicely done and just right for a nice swim and steam but wasn't a spa.

We decided to eat at the Marco Pierre White restaurant and it was very nice! A very romantic restaurant with good service and great food! Nicely decorated with dimmed lighting that just added to the meal. Downside was the burger was a bit too salty but overall a very meal.

Overall, a lovely romantic boutique hotel that is reasonably priced for what you get.
We even had a peek into the loft suite which we will definitely be staying in next time we come, looks beautiful!

We will defiantly be returning.

Room Tip: Book on a high floor or for a treat the loft suite looks stunning!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Anna0202s

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
  • Greek first
Yate Bristol
Reviewed January 30, 2013

My husband and I, and my sisters with their partners attended the burns evening. It was a
Charity event, raising money for the guide dogs for the blind.
The bagpipes piped in the haggis which was entertaining.
We all enjoyed the food, and have no complaints at all.
There was also a disco afterwards.
All in all, a very enjoyable evening, as it's a long time, since I have been to cadbury house.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This hotel is a short 5-10 minute drive from Bristol airport. Other than the health club and Marco Pierre White restaurant there is no other reason to stay here although it makes a perfect stay for those with early morning flights from nearby Bristol Airport.
It has to be one of the best Double Trees I have stayed at and clearly reflects the best of the Hilton brand.
Rooms stylish, comfortable and warm (-6 C outside!). I had one of the best burgers outside the US at the downstairs restaurant/bar.
The checkin staff are as friendly as you will get at the front desk of a hotel and were still smiling at 5.00am the next morning.

Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 28, 2013

A coach load of us arrived at the hotel at about 1am after our flight was cancelled. The staff dealt with everyone calmly, quickly and in a way which made us al feel well looked after. They had been told to prepare 30 single rooms but in our group were families with young children, people with disablilities and mostly couples!
We stayed one extra night until we could get another flight and the service continued to be excellent.
A special thankyou to John -he was excellent! We will return because of his attentive service -unlike Ryanair!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Wish there was a green circle rating between ' average' and 'very good' . I would rate the afternoon tea we had here at The Lounge as ' good' if I could choose that option.
We had a Groupon offer and for that reason only I would rate the tea as good value.
There is little ambience in The Lounge and it was weird sitting in close proximity to people wearing dressing gowns. ( this is also a spa).
I wouldn't rave about the cakes. Tasted shop bought and were rather sickly.
Scones quite nice. Not enough cream.
The best part was the loose leaf tea, served in a see-through 'tea monkey' pot. Cute.
Staff were quite helpful and pleasant.
Long way to go from Bath but we made an afternoon of it and had a walk first.
Would I go there again? Probably not.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Stockton on Tees
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Booked for a night as close to Bristol airport for early morning flight. Very nice hotel, rooms are very clean and tidy and a good size with free wifi which is very important for my work.

I did not eat in any of the restaurants as was very busy so ordered food to my room, order was delivered quickly and food was great.

When checking in you get a choc cookie which is a very nice touch, I will recommend this place to my colleagues who also fly out of Bristol.

1 Thank Yamas
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Am writing on behalf of my husband who had a week long business conference here and also stayed for one night due to the snow! Will split this review into 2 parts:

1/ Conference - the facilities very good, refreshments & lunch provided very good too. Food hot & plentiful. Friendly staff. Would recommend as a location to have a business conference.

2/ Hotel stay - room very good quality & clean, bed was extremely comfortable. Evening meal was a steak pie that was very nice & good quality. Drinks expensive. Breakfast was wonderful - a good choice of cereals, fruit, yoghurts, continental cheese & meats. Buffet style breakfast was one of the best I've had - food consistently hot. Staff attentive and kept an eye on topping up food.

Only 3 negatives - 1/ my bathroom toilet made the loudest noise when after flushing the water was filling back up. If it had been flushed at night it would have definitely woken many rooms up. This was mentioned to reception,
2/ TV channel choice not great, some channels kept cutting out, only 5 available to view.
3/ I stayed at the back of the hotel - mobile phone coverage zero.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel for business & pleasure.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Congresbury
Best Western Walton Park Hotel
Winford Manor
#1 of 1 in Winford
Holiday Inn Bristol Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Bristol South - Cadbury House? Share your experiences!