The North Somerset Butterfly House
More attraction details
Owner description: Located 9 miles from Weston super Mare and 12 miles from Bristol, The North Somerset Butterfly House is a secret paradise in the heart of the westcountry. Immerse yourself in a tropical jungle filled with exotic plants and stunning tropical butterflies. During your visit, look out for Pete, Steve Backshalls "Bug Man" from his hit show "Live 'n' Deadly", he is always willing to share with you the hidden wonders of the Butterfly House.
Reviewed April 24, 2012 via mobile

We took a visit today for something to do didn't really expect much to be honest. We arrived at the place to be greeted by a lovely welcoming lady at the pay desk, which when I herd the price I was a little more worried about the value for money aspect of our trip.
We entered the enclosure and I must say WOW from start to finish wall to wall of an excellent selection of some of the most magnificent butterflies and other small creatures I have ever seen.
While walking around a man who works with the butterflies showed us the hatching box for new butterflies and even had chance to hold one, he also talked us through some of the butterflies and caterpillars that they had there, he also then got some terrapin food for my little girl to feed the terrapins in the pond which is full of life to.
Beware it gets very warm in there so no need for a jumper!
Overal an excellent trip well worth it.

3  Thank Volkswag84
BristolNell, Public Relations Manager at The North Somerset Butterfly House, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2012

We are so glad that you enjoyed your visit and that our staff looked after you well. I hope you will be back later in the year to see how our displays of plants and butterflies have changed!

There are newer reviews for The North Somerset Butterfly House

Reviewed October 21, 2011

Went here last month and loved it, I love butterflies and I was in heaven. My son entered a colouring competition when we went to visit, a couple of weeks later found out he'd won the runners up prize, which was a family ticket to go back. Wonderful. Will go again next season defiantly.

1  Thank butterflymad
BristolNell, Public Relations Manager at The North Somerset Butterfly House, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2011

Congratulations to your son on his prizewinning entry! We'll look forward to seeing you again next year - we're so glad you enjoyed the butterfly house.

Reviewed October 1, 2011

This place reminded me of East Africa where I grew up and had fond memories of the butterflies and rotting fruit they need to live on. Steve and Allen really make you feel at home and have good knowledge on the butterflies. I could understand the heating bill to keep the place at the right tropical temperature here in U.K. They do a good job and good luck to them for that.

3  Thank ABDULGANI_ISMAIL
BristolNell, Public Relations Manager at The North Somerset Butterfly House, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2011

Our Managing Director also grew up in East Africa and his childhood memories have been the inspiration for building the butterfly house. Unfortunately heating costs are a major drawback of keeping tropical butterflies in the UK but comments like yours make it all the more worthwhile. Many thanks for your good wishes.

Reviewed September 21, 2011

we were staying at the hilton next door so took the children here, it was wonderful, lots of thought has obvioulsy gone into this charming attraction, the children adored it, we went in twice, well worth a visit and although it may seem a little expensive at first, when you see the work and cost that has gone into it, it is actually very good value, love the terrapins, my taking is still talking about them now.

3  Thank moll12

We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit and hope you will come back and see us again next time you are in the area.