“Absolutely Delightful Stay at Hopes”

Hopes Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Norton Sub Hamdon
Hopes Bed and Breakfast
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Delightful Stay at Hopes”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Just returned from a one night stay at Hopes B&B. My partner and myself, were down here for a family function, and needed accommodation. I have to say that this lovely B&B is outstanding in it's service and hospitality - I have stayed in many before, but never encountered anywhere else compared to this excellent standard. Our needs were minimal, but the lovely owners Anne & Sam had obviously thought about potential needs of guests. We found all kinds of little extras that can save a holiday, like razors, sewing kit, and a corkscrew! The cottage was nicely decorated, and we were made to feel at home. We only wish we had booked for a few days, and not just the one. We didn't get the chance to try out the indoor swimming pool, but it looked very good. I would highly recommend this lovely cottage, and the wonderful owners, Anne & Sam (and the old girl, Hope - their dog).

Room Tip: I should imagine that all the rooms are peaceful, given the location. We stayed in the en-suite over...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank kundalini604

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Second time I have stayed at "Hopes" and in the same large room. Breakfast on offer is varied and of a good standard in a relaxing atmosphere. Had a dip in the heated pool which was just right and I expect must be brilliant if you are there in the high summer. Anne is always helpful if you need any help or advice. My son has used the “Swallows Rest” and rated it highly on his visit. One comment is that if you are in the breakfast room you can easily hear anyone walking around the room above and you can also be heard by them, I expect it is because the room has wooden floors so no carpet to deaden the sounds and it makes it a little cooler. Good location to be able to visit the many attractions in the beautiful part of England. Would be a good idea to have a room book advertising the local attractions and food establishments in the area. I know the area but I am sure it would help others and add to the overall level of service.

Room Tip: Ask for the carpeted double.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Stooders
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights earlier this week and Sam & Anne the owners couldn't have been more friendly, relaxed & hospitable. The rooms are spacious, beautifully appointed, comfortable with lots of exquisite finishing touches. Breakfasts were generous with a choice of continental or full english. The location is ideal for this part of the West country. This was part of a short-break stay in Somerset and made the perfect base for our green activities. Cannot recommend highly enough, very high standard.

Room Tip: All rooms are comfortable and quiet so the choice is yours!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
son en breugel
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stayed for three nights (and days) during the early part of the most miserable July for decades (2012). This B and B was a haven of tranquillity, friendliness and quality. The room was very comfortable and spotless and so was the rest of the house and large garden. Besides, the village is absolutely out of this world and the pub (within walking distance) good and reasonably priced.
If you love gardens there are plenty to visit from stately Montacute to pretty and exquisite Lytes Cary. Owners are very helpful and knowledgable. Plenty of books and reading if you just want to relax in the beautiful and secluded garden in the middle of this golden stone village before or after a great breakfast..

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2012

This was our third visit to this lovely B&B. As usual our stay was faultless, relaxed, friendly and marvellous breakfasts. All in all extremely good value. The pretty garden, swimming pool and situation are a bonus. "Isaidno" must like to complain - take no notice, you won't find a better B&B in the area.
Peter and Mags

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I stayed in the self-catering cottage for an idyllic three nights in July 2012. The accommodation is generous and of a very high quality, with fantastic attention to the details that really make a place special. The view from the verandah over the garden is charming, as are the hosts, Anne & Sam, with whom I shared a glass of two of wine one very pleasant evening. The pool was perfect, warm without being too hot, and is open all hours. The village and surrounding countryside are lovely, and this is the perfect place for a holiday, whether you are on you own, or with your family, and you can choose to relax or go out and about. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: They are all lovely, you can't go wrong.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Party of four adults and four children aged 11,9,5 and 18months, nice clean rooms, friendly people and nice breakfast. Not very well organised, we booked two months in advance and one of rooms had just had the bathroom painted, the smell of wet paint in the bedroom was so strong so we had to have the windows open in February!. I did ask before arrival if the "heated pool" was open, it was but it was freezing!!! what a shame, we had the choice of two B&B's in the area and chose this one because the kids could have a swim before we went home. The kids who tried to get in came out with blue lips after 5 minutes and the 5 year old just sat there crying because she desperately wanted to go in but it was just to cold. (a huge disappointment for them) not to mention the junk room you have to navigate to get into the pool area. Oh and on their website there's no mention that they have a dog, although she was lovely and never barked once my daughter is scared of them and my husband hates dogs around the house (I would never have booked it if I knew about the dog). The best thing about this B&B is the location, what a beautiful village.

Room Tip: The en suit room has no wardrobes or hanging space for clothes???? very odd.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Isaidno

Been to Hopes Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!