Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Beach Resort(Cabarita Beach)
Halcyon House(Cabarita Beach)
Tamarind Sands(Cabarita Beach)
Santai Retreat(Casuarina)
Peppers Bale Salt(Kingscliff)
View Hotel
Ocean Shores Motel(Ocean Shores)
Chinderah Motel(Chinderah)
  • Spa
All reviewssports clubnew ownersgreat place to staystay there againtwo nightsshort walkcomfortable bedaustraliacleanlinessunit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Recently we stayed here for the 2nd time in the last 12 months. The 1st time in an original room and the 2nd in a renovated room. While the original room was basic, clean and comfortable the renovated one was the way to go. We travelled with our 5 year old daughter and found that the kitchenette was such a huge bonus for self catering and it was great to have a decent motel shower and a vanity basin that you can fit everything in without it falling off the basin.And with a five year old we made full use of the fantastic pool and pool area. It was also pleasing to be able to walk to everything, particularly the Sunday markets and the beach. So all in all we had a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Take a renovated one if available
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Fussy2014
PottsvilleBM, Owner at Pottsville Beach Motel, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Hi Fussy2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We are so happy to hear that you and your family had an enjoyable time, and were able to make great use of the pool area. We look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I booked this motel before reading the comments on trip advisor which is rare for me as i use trip advisor everywhere i go worldwide. Firstly if you are looking for the hilton this is not for you however if you want a nice well priced holiday then this is great. I stayed with my wife and young son in a renovated room and found this place very clean, nice and a great place to stay. The pool area was nice and not crowded. I didnt have much to do with the management except for checking in ect but they seemed fine to me. Overall its a great little motel and ill definately come back. People have different experiences where ever you go however i would definately say give this joint a go and you will be pleasantly surprised. Good luck

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Gotigs
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I recently stayed here with two friends over New Year’s Eve in one of the non-renovated rooms. I first had misgivings upon unlocking the front door to the room – both it and the lock and handle were incredibly flimsy. Though I doubt any of the guests, being mostly young families, would have broken into our room, it certainly did not give a feeling of security.

Secondly, the room. It had no aircon, only a ceiling fan, the breeze from which barely reached anywhere but the bed right underneath it. Promises of a ‘sea breeze’ from the female manager sadly went unfulfilled, even though every single window was left open throughout the afternoon and evening. The position of the room also provided some concern – it was quite possible for anyone walking along the upper-storey balcony to see directly into the room unless the curtains were kept closed. This unfortunately included the bathroom.

Furthermore, I can only assume that the way this room protrudes out over the car park has some effect on the acoustics of the place (especially when the windows need to be kept open at all times lest the inhabitants die of heat exhaustion), as at approximately 10pm – while I was fast asleep and my two friends awake and talking – we had a visit from the male manager who quite rudely told my friends to ‘shut it’. Although I am by no means a light sleeper, it seems to me that something that is apparently keeping many other guests awake and that was audible over the manager’s television set would wake me up. Perhaps a solution would be to install air conditioning so that the windows could be kept closed?

After reading many of the other reviews here it seems that the rude attitude adopted by the male manager is standard. It is a mystery to me why these two are managing a hotel. The pool was probably the one redeeming feature of the place, as it was modern and a decent size; however, I strongly recommend staying elsewhere (but if you want to use the pool I’m sure the managers won’t mind - three teenagers staying at the camping ground next door enjoyed it for nearly half an hour without attracting the managers’ wrath, though the pool gate clearly states the facility is for ‘motel guests only’).

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Hayley C

Hi Hayley

Thank you for the recent review of your stay. We would firstly like to apologise for the rudeness you encountered from staff here over the New Year period. We have addressed these issues and are pleased to say that we now have a wonderful management team on board (who have previously run this Motel) and have extensive experience in managing Motels and Caravan Parks. In regards to the issues with the room, im sure that when you booked it would have been pointed out that the room was not renovated. Whilst our renovated rooms are clean and comfortable, they are older style rooms and only the renovated rooms have air conditioning. We have never had any complaints about the privacy of this room before. We hope that you still had an enjoyable New Year.

Kind regards

Reviewed January 7, 2014

If it was possible to give this motel a zero-star rating, I would. Sadly, I am unable to do so, so one star will have to suffice.

I checked in with two friends for what was intended to be a New Year’s holiday, but our original three-night stay ended after the first night.

We were approached by the male manager at 6pm, telling us to keep our voices down. We are aware our voices were loud, but agreed to keep the noise down.

After returning to our motel at approximately 10pm, we were approached by the male manager... again. His issue was that our conversation was travelling through the motel and was interrupting not only the guests, but his late night Foxtel session.

He claimed that our conversation was unnecessarily loud—he did not say we were shouting or screaming, but we needed to ‘shut it’ and keep in mind there were children staying at the motel.

This conversation quickly turned into a heated argument, in which we suggested it would be best we leave the following morning.

The male manager swore, was quite rude—we initially thought he was rude to us as we are a bunch of young females but ,after reading all the negative reviews, it seems he is just generally angry—and obviously has no experience in dealing with people (also pointed out in the reviews below).

Aside from this, the room was old, lacked general privacy (anyone could see into the room itself or the bathroom), the beds moved around and there was no air con (I cannot think of the last place I stayed at—motel or otherwise—that didn’t have air con).

I have stayed in motels in nearby towns and Pottsville Beach Motel could learn a few things from their neighbours.

As stated in the reviews below, I would strongly advise would-be guests to stay somewhere else—the male manager advised us we would have been better suited to the nearby caravan park, Pottsville North Holiday Park, so I would recommend making a booking there instead!

The only semi-positive thing I have to mention about the motel is its pool: while it was nice and modern (enough), it was also riddled with bugs. I would also advise the male manager—seeing as he is stickler for the rules—to keep his eye on ‘pool guests’. There is a sign on the pool fence, stating the pool is only for motel guests; however, three teenagers—who said they were staying elsewhere in Pottsville—were using it while we were there.

The female manager—while not as aggressive as her husband(?)—also failed in the customer service department. She took about 10 minutes to come down to greet us when we were checking in, then she was annoyed by the fact I asked for a receipt (even though she asked if I would like one?).

As we were leaving the following morning, a would-be guest asked us what time reception opened as she had been ringing the bell downstairs for some time. I was of the impression that management were to provide 24/7 assistance to both current and would-be guests. Though, after this massive rant/review, perhaps it was her lucky day they did not answer.

Not only did the motel provide poor customer service, but the room and its facilities were sub-par. As my friend stated: “When they have finished renovating the rest of the motel rooms, perhaps the (male) manager should renovate his attitude.”

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Madolline

Hi Gourleym
We would like to apologise for your recent experience with the managers of the Motel over the New Year period. That couple no longer work at the Pottsville Beach Motel and we are pleased to advise that we have a lovely husband and wife team who have extensive experience in running Motels and Caravan Parks.
Kind regards

Reviewed January 1, 2014

My husband had work in Pottsville between Christmas 2013 and New Year 2014 so we stayed a night in one of the newly renovated rooms at the Pottsville Beach Motel . Positives: The manager was very welcoming and the room, although small, was well presented. The pool was a good size and clean. The letdowns: Internet - we couldn't pick up the motel's internet network although we could pick up about 6 other networks. The manager assured me the network was working. I took my laptop to different locations around the motel but the network never came up while many others did. Cockroaches - we had cockroaches crawl out from between the carpet and wall space at night. It was easy to locate where they had emerged from because the between space was dirty and unpainted. I sprayed and crushed the bugs and left them for the housekeeping staff. Fridge: the small freezer compartment door was broken so the freezer never froze our ice or ice packs. I turned up the controls but the fridge never got that cold. Security door: the front security door lock was missing so for safety I kept the sliding glass door shut. I would much rather have used the security door so get the sea breeze through the unit. Great hospitality is about providing consistently high levels of customer service. This requires attention to detail from managers and staff...everything should work to support the customer experience. I have to rate our stay at the Pottsville Beach Motel as poor because not all services and facilities worked and we had cockroaches in our room.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business