Ill start with the one problem. The Air con is not very good and the hotel manager admitted the air con system is a bit small for the rooms. Our air con was not working at all in our room but the staff moved us to another room and also provided a fan for us and our other friends in another room.
I strongly suggest requesting a fan.
Other than that our stay was marvellous. There were 5 of us in our party and as soon as the restaurant staff saw us approch they were running off to get the extra space laid at the table. The staff were very very friendly and welcoming. They were also good at giving us a bit of history about the animals that come to the resort. Kiki the Hornbill likes to come and see what you are having for breakfast and dinner and also likes to sit on yoru sunbeds. The staff will take him away with a handful of melon.
Then there are the monkies that jump out of the trees and make you jump and then also like to go through your bags if left lying around on a sunbed. !!
The food is cooked to perfection but as someone else said if you were here more than 4 days it is quite limited.
One of our party was a vegetarian and there was not much vegetarian choice on the menu but the chef was willing to cook a vegetable stir fry up for her. In fact she liked it more than the vegetarian option on the menu !!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gayana Eco Resort rests serenely at the edges of Gaya Island off the coast of Borneo. 52 over water villas designed to enhance the soothing sounds of the surf, while capturing the enduring vistas of Mt. Kinabalu on the distant horizon. At its heart is about protecting and re-generating our precious Marine Ecology, and the only property to feature its own Marine Ecology Research Centre propagating Giant Clams and restoring damaged coral reefs. Striking the perfect balance of forward thinking ecology and indulgent luxury which pampers both the body and the enlightened soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Preferred Hotels, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gayana Eco Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gayana Eco Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Gayana Resort
- Gayana Eco Resort Malaysia/Pulau Gaya