We spent 3 nights at the Gayana Eco Resort as part of our honeymoon in Borneo. We had a lovely stay. Our bungalow had direct access to the ocean. The service was exceptional. The staff were genuinely helpful and friendly. They went out of their way to cater for our vegan diet. Breakfast is included and there is a very extensive menu to choose from. The restaurants are reasonably priced and very good quality.
We visited the new sister resort (Bunga Raya) for a day. An even more impressive resort. But you pay for it.
We had a package that included 3 massages and a body scrub. The treatments and staff were amazing.
Highly recommend a stay at the Gayana Eco Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gayana Eco Resort rests serenely at the edges of Gaya Island off the coast of Borneo. 52 over water villas designed to enhance the soothing sounds of the surf, while capturing the enduring vistas of Mt. Kinabalu on the distant horizon. At its heart is about protecting and re-generating our precious Marine Ecology, and the only property to feature its own Marine Ecology Research Centre propagating Giant Clams and restoring damaged coral reefs. Striking the perfect balance of forward thinking ecology and indulgent luxury which pampers both the body and the enlightened soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA and Jetsetter so you can book your Gayana Eco Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gayana Eco Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Gayana Resort
- Gayana Eco Resort Malaysia/Pulau Gaya