Please look at the photos which have been attached to this review. They speak more than any written description.
Why would someone pay a 5-star price to be in a place like this? The resort has been grossly misrepresented. It doesn't matter where the trash comes from. The management doesn't care enough to put up sufficient barriers for it and they don't care that they continue marketing beautiful pictures of an eco-resort which actually has disgusting sea water. People are wasting their money at this resort. Why would you pay 500USD per night to go to a pool and eat in a restaurant when you were expecting to be snorkeling and feeding tropical fish all day?
Also, there is a basic plumbing issue in the rooms. Shower draining from an adjoining room bubbled up into our shower. The bathrooms also smell like sewage which also indicates the poor plumbing design. The smell of sewage is also present at the restaurant near the pool. We had to move our dinner table because of this. There is much more regarding the general disrepair of the place.
Instead of focusing on a new marketing plan, this resort should shut down and start over again. Now we know why we had to pre-pay at Jesselton Pier on the mainland, because we would have turned around on arrival at the resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gayana Eco Resort rests serenely at the edges of Gaya Island off the coast of Borneo. 52 over water villas designed to enhance the soothing sounds of the surf, while capturing the enduring vistas of Mt. Kinabalu on the distant horizon. At its heart is about protecting and re-generating our precious Marine Ecology, and the only property to feature its own Marine Ecology Research Centre propagating Giant Clams and restoring damaged coral reefs. Striking the perfect balance of forward thinking ecology and indulgent luxury which pampers both the body and the enlightened soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Preferred Hotels, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gayana Eco Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gayana Eco Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Gayana Resort
- Gayana Eco Resort Malaysia/Pulau Gaya