The best place I have ever stayed! Amazing setting on stilts looking out to sea and accommodation and service to match. Added bonus to have access to the sister resort Bunga Raya, situated in the next cove back in the jungle.
The Eco message is well portrayed, but is not rammed down your throat. We planted new coral and got interesting information in the tour of the facility. An excellent short break for three/four nights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gayana Eco Resort rests serenely at the edges of Gaya Island off the coast of Borneo. 52 over water villas designed to enhance the soothing sounds of the surf, while capturing the enduring vistas of Mt. Kinabalu on the distant horizon. At its heart is about protecting and re-generating our precious Marine Ecology, and the only property to feature its own Marine Ecology Research Centre propagating Giant Clams and restoring damaged coral reefs. Striking the perfect balance of forward thinking ecology and indulgent luxury which pampers both the body and the enlightened soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Preferred Hotels, Priceline, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Gayana Eco Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gayana Eco Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Gayana Resort
- Gayana Eco Resort Malaysia/Pulau Gaya